Anyone good with radios out there?

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
I have a KDC 9520 CD/Cassette player combo in my car. The problem isn't that it beeps everytime I push a button on it. It's so LOUD when it does it. Turning down the radio volume doesn't help, of course. Anyone have any tips on how to turn down the beep? I've called the technical help line and all they did was look in the operator's manual (which I already did).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dustin

UAIOE
In the operator's manual, is there a schematics diagram? (a chart that shows a bunch of lines, which are wires, and are labeled with the different colors). One that shows outputs at least. If you have one that shows all the stuff on the inside of the head unit that is even better.

Also, is the beep coming out of the speakers or out of the headunit itself?

Regardless, you'll probably have to take the headunit out and pull the cover off of it to disable the beep. Your'e gonna have to pull it out if you end up replacing it anyways...

Ponytail

Do you have amplifiers and such connected to your system also? I'm thinking that this may be an interference chirp, and not necessarily a feature of your stereo.

Broke90GSX

It sounds to me like it's a menu button beep. As in to let you know that you pressed that button so you don't take your eyes off the road. There has to be an "Audible" button or something of the sorts you have to press to deactivate it. Kenwood Radio's are like this. See if there are any buttons with small writing below them, usually the buttons have a secondary control that has to be held down to activate.

Rob

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Nope, there isn't an amp. But also isn't the orginal radio for the car (obviously). Maybe something was hooked up wrong? I couldn't find schematics.

I'll check the buttons out as soon as I get the rest of the engine back together....right now, the battery's disconnected and that makes it a little hard to play around with a radio. :smile:

Is it possible the deactivate button would be behind the removable faceplate?

Thanks again!

Broke90GSX

Originally posted by renegadeslave

Is it possible the deactivate button would be behind the removable faceplate?

Thanks again!

Nope the button will be quite obvious if the option is available. When you get the radio reconnected, scroll through the menu option of the radio. Sometimes it will go through Bass/Treble/Fade/Balance/Audio reminder or something of that sort. Good luck with it.

Rob