St. Mary's Co. Anyone have recommendations for a contractor/company for building detached garage/accessory apartment

zar

Theist
Was looking for someone good in Southern Maryland, maybe on of those cinder block garages. I see them all over. Google brings up a plethora of unreviewed contractors

I'm sure they're great but I'm looking do something better than an Amish shed and can handle all the components of (electric/plumb/inspections etc etc as part of a contract) .

Thanks for your recommendations and tell me about your experience if you have done anything similar (Coastwise/timeline)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Though I have no recommendation. I sure do wish there were kits that were still sold like Sears used to. Want a two story garage? Bam. Order and delivered in boxes or banded. A house? The Same. Build it yourself. Ahhhh. The good 'ol days.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
@itsbob recently had a huge garage built, electrics, etc.... Maybe PM him or @BadGirl ?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We just had a pole barn built by an Amish crew. 36 x 56 with an attached 14 x 56 covered lean-to. 18 foot tall, with three standard 10x10 garage doors on the long side, and a 14x14 garage doo on both short ends that allows for a drive-thru of our RV. Purchased from R&D Cross out of Brandywine, and constructed by a three person Amish team in six days. I think the price was at ~$34,000. This is just for the pole barn kit. The site grading, the electrical, the concrete, and the garage doors were additional costs. Total for those additional fees exceeded the cost of the initial kit. :shocking:

But we.love it. We just ordered the last two big garage doors today ($$$$$$), so we are nearing final build.

If you want additional details, let me know. We can hook you up with our electrician and concrete guys, and who we used for the doors.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:yay: The house I grew up in was a Sears house.
The house my dad bought in March 1964, where I spent my years from age 7 to 25 (when I wed and moved away), and where my dad (25 FEB 2010) and mom (30 SEP 2020) passed away in home hospice, is a Craftsman house built in 1915.

My sisters are getting necessary repairs done and it will pass out of the family by next spring.