Anyone know about

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Newer Corvettes having engines in them that are made by Lincoln? I heard this last night for the first time. Supposedly Lincoln has been making Corvette engines for a couple of years? :confused:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Newer Corvettes having engines in them that are made by Lincoln? I heard this last night for the first time. Supposedly Lincoln has been making Corvette engines for a couple of years? :confused:

I see nothing anything on the web that supports that..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Anyone know about

Originally posted by otter
I see nothing anything on the web that supports that..

I didn't either. That was the first order of business this morning. Trying to find info myself. But since I couldn't.

But the same person also told me about the Toyota Boats which is true so I don't know if I'm ready to discredit them yet without further investigation.

newnickname

Since Ford makes Lincoln and Ford is Chevy's competition, I'd have to say that whomever told you that Lincoln makes Corvette motors is full of shite.

dustin

UAIOE
Re: Re: Anyone know about

Originally posted by newnickname
Since Ford makes Lincoln and Ford is Chevy's competition, I'd have to say that whomever told you that Lincoln makes Corvette motors is full of shite.

:yeahthat:

You should know better Pix :rolleyes:

Maybe whoever told you this was confused about the new transmission that Ford & GM are jointly developing and building, and possibly also confused by the new Caddy that is running the 'Vette engine?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by huntr1
Maybe whoever told you this was confused about the new transmission that Ford & GM are jointly developing and building, and possibly also confused by the new Caddy that is running the 'Vette engine?

That's very possible. I may as well live in a retirement community and it was a neighbor. :lol:

Ponytail

That's very possible. I may as well live in a retirement community and it was a neighbor. :lol:

The people that you you agree to take info from is baffling.

Ponytail

Originally posted by justhangn
:yay: Hey bud, where have you been hiding?

Lubbock, texas for a month or so. Ye ha. :rolleyes:

I'm on second shift now. lemme get another "ye ha". :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like I missed very much over the past month. :lol:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Ponytail
Lubbock, texas for a month or so. Ye ha. :rolleyes:

I'm on second shift now. lemme get another "ye ha". :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like I missed very much over the past month. :lol:

Woohooo, how can you just sit there with all that excitement? :twitch:

:lmao:

Yeah, this place has turned into a regular Romper Room. :duh:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I think the '95 ZR-1 package that ran the 5.7 LT5 had the engines assembled by Mercury Marine Division out of Oklahoma. The special performance model vehicles are likely to have a motor built anywhere and by anyone.

I don't know about the standard powerplant but I would bet that they are more then likely Chevy products.