Anyone know nursing jobs hiring

sshrout

MY wife is an Lpn, and has not been able to find much work. She has applied and called back to 30 places at least. If anyone can help out please message back. She is willing to work in charles, st marys county

BernieP

Resident PIA
MY wife is an Lpn, and has not been able to find much work. She has applied and called back to 30 places at least. If anyone can help out please message back. She is willing to work in charles, st marys county

Oh, St, Mary's, Charles and even adding in Calvert limits the possibilities.
Not the best, but from what I've heard urban hospitals tend to have more of a demand.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

I saw several openings for nurses in the employment opportunities section of the classified. Has she gone to the MedStar page? They list the openings at St. Mary's.

hotcoffee

It's hard to believe an LPN is out of work. I was begging for a nurse a couple weeks ago and MedStar would only work from 8-5.

Try Loving Care in Prince Frederick. They may have some leads.

:coffee:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Until she finds a job could she work for a service? Covering all that ground I'm sure she coul get full time hours..

grandma

St Mary's County Public Schools hires LPNs as second nurses at the middle and high schools. It is possible other counties do the same. Watch the school system's web pages for openings.

sshrout

I think i was unclear in the post sorry. She is willing to in charles county and st marys county. She has applied everywhere, most places are only hiring rn's. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. She works at a pharmacy, but wants to work in the nursing field.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I think i was unclear in the post sorry. She is willing to in charles county and st marys county. She has applied everywhere, most places are only hiring rn's. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. She works at a pharmacy, but wants to work in the nursing field.

Medstar St. Clements office is looking for a medical assistant. I'm sure she's over qualified but it is the nursing field. Their ad is on somd.com and she could also go to the office on Moakley Street to back up her submission - I think all the Medstar stuff goes through Baltimore so it might help to go in person after submitting the resume.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
LPNS are a tough sell nowadays..most places want RNs. Has she tried nursing homes/assisted living places? they have a lot of vacancies nad are usually more willign to fill them with LPNs

sockgirl77

LPNS are a tough sell nowadays..most places want RNs. Has she tried nursing homes/assisted living places? they have a lot of vacancies nad are usually more willign to fill them with LPNs

:yeahthat: I was also thinking of places that are constantly hiring for geriatric aides. It might not be the same number but it's a job until she finds something better.

hotcoffee

:yeahthat: I was also thinking of places that are constantly hiring for geriatric aides. It might not be the same number but it's a job until she finds something better.

I really don't think we have enough after hours homecare nurses. I had a horrible time getting someone. Seems as tho there is a shortage of nurses.

sockgirl77

I really don't think we have enough after hours homecare nurses. I had a horrible time getting someone. Seems as tho there is a shortage of nurses.

My ex's mother did it for $10 per hour and she worked 100 hours per week, but she stayed overnight at the lady's house. She banked $1000 per week! Oh and she was not an RN, nor a LPN.

acommondisaster

I read an article recently that said you practically have to be an RN to work in the medical field anymore.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
My ex's mother did it for $10 per hour and she worked 100 hours per week, but she stayed overnight at the lady's house. She banked $1000 per week! Oh and she was not an RN, nor a LPN.

I was a "companion" with no degree and made $10/hr; had my own bedroom; and worked 100 hours/week. Being a companion is different from being a nurse. It is everything. I cleaned, cooked, did laundry, gave meds, gave enemas, read to her, gave her everything she needed. She told me I created "a monster" because I spoiled her so much. She passed away after she saw my daughter walk (this was her goal) She wanted me to bring my daughter to work every day. There are jobs out there...a BS can get you more (hourly), but a live-in situation can give you the experience of a lifetime.

I miss her.

To the OP: Google companions.

sshrout

Thanks I will tell her. She applied at genisis, and many other places. She puts in like 15 applications a week, and calls them back. Either she needs 1 year of experience or they aren't hiring. Its hard to get experience if you cant find a way to get it.

sockgirl77

Thanks I will tell her. She applied at genisis, and many other places. She puts in like 15 applications a week, and calls them back. Either she needs 1 year of experience or they aren't hiring. Its hard to get experience if you cant find a way to get it.

Oh so she's fresh out of school. Tell her to go back to school and get her RN creds. :yay:

sshrout

she did go for rn, but did bad the last semester due to her mom having cancer and taking her places for appointments. So she is trying to go to other schools but it having a hard time. So for the time being she is trying to work as an lpn, and if she gets enough hrs csm will let her back in the program, its a weird dilema.