Anyone know Wendall Brown?

Dixie

and if so will they please inform him that they (whoever they are) are coming to my house tonight to serve him with a warrant.

Thanks in advance.

Dixie

You really need to tell us the whole story, like "Why your house?"
Beats the hell out of me. I meant summons not warrant by the way. I got a phone call right before I posted. It was a recording but said that I was to remain home tonight and that "they" would be out with a summons. I was to provide two types of identification and that if I did not comply that I would be arrested. If I had any questions to call 844-858-2905. I called and asked none too politely what it was all about. They were looking for Wendell Brown. I said I get phone calls for him all the time and I don't know who he is and he doesn't live here. They asked me if I was sure I wasn't Wendell Brown. Just like I'm some kind of moron that doesn't know my own name. I got pretty pissed off at that point and said please remove my name like I've been asking you to do for the last ten years now. The operator told me to calm down. I probably told her to F off. Told me to calm down...she was female too...I thought everyone knew you don't tell an irate woman to calm down.

This is really odd though - I've had several different phone numbers over the years but I've gotten phone calls for Wendell at all of them. Does that mean they're going by the address? I hope to hell they don't come out - I can't for the life of me feel that I should have to provide identification just because someone knocks on my door and asks for it. How is that their business? If I say I'm not Wendell shouldn't that be enough?

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
The operator told me to calm down. I probably told her to F off. Told me to calm down...she was female too...I thought everyone knew you don't tell an irate woman to calm down.
Iknowright??! Why is this so hard to understand?

:biggrin:

Bann

PREMO Member
This is really odd though - I've had several different phone numbers over the years but I've gotten phone calls for Wendell at all of them. Does that mean they're going by the address? I hope to hell they don't come out - I can't for the life of me feel that I should have to provide identification just because someone knocks on my door and asks for it. How is that their business? If I say I'm not Wendell shouldn't that be enough?
I am guessing that they Google the address and whatever number pops up is what they call. I would imagine once they see you they will know you are NOT Wendell Brown, and any identification you provide ought to clinch the deal. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I used to get calls several years ago similar to yours. I had to explain that it was a new number for me. I finally stopped answering and turned off my answering machine. Too my knowledge, no one ever showed up at my house.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's quite scary...because what if ole Wendell is considered potentially dangerous and the service is via SWAT? A bureaucratic mistake can result in a lot of damage sometimes. Mistaken identity..bad address...house next door....hoax call (so-called SWATting)....the list goes on.

Dixie

Iknowright??! Why is this so hard to understand?

:biggrin:
They are without a doubt two words that should NEVER be uttered together and my son says them a lot. Caaalllmmm down, take a deep breath...
I could just strangle him.

Dixie

That's quite scary...because what if ole Wendell is considered potentially dangerous and the service is via SWAT? A bureaucratic mistake can result in a lot of damage sometimes. Mistaken identity..bad address...house next door....hoax call (so-called SWATting)....the list goes on.
Yeah that's kind of my thought process too and to be threatened in the sanctity of my own home by a phone call really pisses me off. What are my rights? Do I have to show ID to someone serving a summons? Will they ask if someone else is here? Do I have to provide ID for my adult son? He has mental disabilities and will not answer questions from a complete stranger. Scary to be scared in your own home.

Bann

PREMO Member
Yeah that's kind of my thought process too and to be threatened in the sanctity of my own home by a phone call really pisses me off. What are my rights? Do I have to show ID to someone serving a summons? Will they ask if someone else is here? Do I have to provide ID for my adult son? He has mental disabilities and will not answer questions from a complete stranger. Scary to be scared in your own home.
What is the name or type of agency or company that the number is listed with?

Dixie

I used to get calls several years ago similar to yours. I had to explain that it was a new number for me. I finally stopped answering and turned off my answering machine. Too my knowledge, no one ever showed up at my house.[/QUOTE]

That's actually comforting - I was pretty calm about it in the beginning but this has been going on for over ten years no matter what number I had - that puzzles me.

Bann

PREMO Member
I'm not sure they told me, or I glossed over it. They did say it was a law firm.
Well, I think they have shady practices! I would call the Sheriff's office and ask about the tactics this company is using. I'd be damned if I would allow someone to use intimidation like this to make me afraid for my own and my son's lives. They have no right to threaten you to comply. Seriously. I would call the Sheriff's office.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Years ago we rented a house (it was when we moved to MD) that I just got into the habit of taking my ID with me to answer the door. The landlord had some very interesting acquaintances and relations with both North Beach PD (tells you how long ago that was), the Calvert County Sheriff and MSP.

I've had my cell phone for 10 years or so and still get calls for the previous number holder. I swear she owes every store, utility, car dealer, etc. from Silver Spring west. And she still is using the number as her reference. Got a call a couple weeks ago for a new debt she owes.

Dixie

Years ago we rented a house (it was when we moved to MD) that I just got into the habit of taking my ID with me to answer the door. The landlord had some very interesting acquaintances and relations with both North Beach PD (tells you how long ago that was), the Calvert County Sheriff and MSP.

I've had my cell phone for 10 years or so and still get calls for the previous number holder. I swear she owes every store, utility, car dealer, etc. from Silver Spring west. And she still is using the number as her reference. Got a call a couple weeks ago for a new debt she owes.
I'm pretty certain that's the same thing that's going on with Wendell.

Dixie

Well, I think they have shady practices! I would call the Sheriff's office and ask about the tactics this company is using. I'd be damned if I would allow someone to use intimidation like this to make me afraid for my own and my son's lives. They have no right to threaten you to comply. Seriously. I would call the Sheriff's office.
That's not a bad idea - I'm going to at least call tomorrow morning and find out exactly how much I need to comply. All I can think of right now is how badly I want to put on my jammies and which ones would be more appropriate to argue about a summons in - my feet pajamas with the pink Scotties or my red flannel with the black Scotties.

Dixie

Dixie
Put the pone number in Google and read the first couple of things that are returned
You're smart! I only did the reverse lookup thing and it came back as no such number. I feel free to put on my ugly feet pajamas now thanks!!