Anyone know...

belvak

Happy Camper
Where we could get some old fire hose to line the front of the pit boxes for our horseshoe pits? Last time we put pits in, we got some from a fellow pitcher, but we moved since then. Any of you volunteers have a couple lengths of hose laying around? Don't think we would need but about 12 feet or so (will have to check with Hubby on that). TIA!!! :buddies:

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper
We just used treated 2x4's I never heard of using those for pits before! :shrug:

We've got the pressure treated 2 x 4's, but if you don't put fire hose in front of the front and back boards, they get beat all the he!! with shoes bouncing around. Of course, that only happens when there's a novice or drunk pitching!!! :lmao: Anyway, we have found it really protects the pit.

Last edited:
M

Mousebaby

We've got the pressure treated 2 x 4's, but if you don't put fire hose in front of the front and back, they get beat all the he!! with shoes bouncing around. Of course, that only happens when there's a novice or drunk pitching!!! :lmao: Anyway, we have found it really protects the pit.

Well, my pits still look brand new and they are 3 yrs. old. But it could be because no one EVER hits the pole, in fact they NEVER hit the pits either! :roflmao:

belvak

Happy Camper
Did you try to go to the fire houses for this?....they might have some and/or know where some maybe found

That's our next step. Thought I would toss it out here just incase!! Guess we'll start knocking on "their" doors. Gosh, wish we had started this project before we gave our donation to the firehouse for the annual picture fundraiser. Could've said, "Here's the money, keep the picture, give us some fire hose instead"!!!! :lmao: Oh well, it will work out!

T

toppick08

That's our next step. Thought I would toss it out here just incase!! Guess we'll start knocking on "their" doors. Gosh, wish we had started this project before we gave our donation to the firehouse for the annual picture fundraiser. Could've said, "Here's the money, keep the picture, give us some fire hose instead"!!!! :lmao: Oh well, it will work out!

Let me check with a friend of mine..CO. 1.......and see what I can come up with.