anyone looking to buy crayfish?

Gwydion

Crayfish are the poor man's lobster.

And thats not meant to be demeaning. I love them! We used to catch them out in West VA in a stream running through our yard. Cooked them over a fire and ate them with butter.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Gwydion said:

And thats not meant to be demeaning. I love them! We used to catch them out in West VA in a stream running through our yard. Cooked them over a fire and ate them with butter.
That's better than a poor man's oysters in WV :lol:

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
Gwydion said:

I dont think they taste anything like lobster. I actually do not like the taste of lobster and I love seafood a lot. People would tell me lobster tastes like a big shrimp, but imo it was nasty.

Gwydion

I don't really like lobster either....atleast not when it costs as much as it does. But the texture of the two is very similar.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I go to Bath ME every August for work. We always stay at a motorcourt that has kitchens and every night dinner is 2 lobsters, boiled taters and corn on the cob. Runs us about $15 a night.

Cowgirl

aps45819 said:
They have various spice packs (like old bay only spicier) down there that gets added to the pot while boiling. Just rip their little head off, give a pinch on the tail so the tail meat pops out a little and then suck it out.

You never have to ask for hot sauce in a resturant down there :lol: Even KFC and MickyD's have it sitting on the tables.

Have you tried J-O crab seasoning? :yum: Kicks Old Bay's butt!