Anyone remember Humpty Dumpty?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I didn't wan to hijack a previous thread.

No not this HD

This HD
http://forums.somd.com/attachments/life-southern-maryland/70874d1260045756-italian-panettone-humpty.jpg

When we got a new check in we'd ask if they heard of "the oldest profession"? Of course they'd say yes. Then we'd tell them we were going to show them the 'oldest professional.'

I saw her take a leak right there in the busy street 1 day not far from where she usually sat. Just show your big old moon to the world and let it fly. Just nasty.

We were going to set up a guy I worked with. Since we often lent each other our cars, we were going to borrow his car then go by and call her over to the driver side window. Someone else was going to take a picture from across the street in a way you could see her, his car but not the driver. This was in the days before digital cameras. He would have been pissed since someone would have probably blown it up. I wish we did that since we always were pulling pranks on each other at work.

I heard that she even made appearances at a few chief's initiations. I'd rather drink the truth serum than have anything to do with that woman.

Attachments

• humpty.jpg
    humpty.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 9,380
  • humpty.bmp
    98.7 KB · Views: 631

CrashTest

Humpty Dumpty lived on the wall between the Nato base in Bagnoli and the Navy base in Agnano. Her career began soon after U.S. forces liberated Naples in WWII. There may have been more than one Humpty Dumpty but as I mentioned in that other thread, the one in the picture above is the same one my dad had hanging in the garage for 30 years. When my parents moved into their current apartment, my dad had a yard sale and sold his picture (after I told him I didn't want it).

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,138
  • road.jpg
    road.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 1,833

oldman

Lobster Land
I have a pic of HD in my collection. Doesn't look like the one posted though so may be an older or newer model.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Humpty Dumpty lived on the wall between the Nato base in Bagnoli and the Navy base in Agnano. Her career began soon after U.S. forces liberated Naples in WWII. There may have been more than one Humpty Dumpty but as I mentioned in that other thread, the one in the picture above is the same one my dad had hanging in the garage for 30 years. When my parents moved into their current apartment, my dad had a yard sale and sold his picture (after I told him I didn't want it).

Bagnoli - :yay: That's the base a friend & I were headed to when we got chased by HD for calling her a nasty name in Italian. (we were 12yo girls and were being 12yo girls)

Chrispy83

Don't forget the rest of the "girls". The one's in the small Italian cars, (sunroofs added to your pleasure) and the "Campfire Girls" located in the woods/brush below Humpty's wall. It always made for a pleasant walk back to the landing in the evening. Sure would have hated to be the sidewalk cleaner in the morning!

Ah yes, the memories....
One time I walked that stretch between AF south and NSA. That entire sidewalk was pink.....pink condoms.
From that moment on, I rode the bus.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Ah yes, the memories....
One time I walked that stretch between AF south and NSA. That entire sidewalk was pink.....pink condoms.
From that moment on, I rode the bus.
Be careful crossing "Chicken Corner". The corner of Via Provinciale San Gennaro and Via Antonio Beccadelli.

There use to be a US barracks up that way across from the hospital. It was in the old zone that use to have all the earth quake tremors. They abandoned the hospital and only Aldo's coffee bar was left at the end of the drive to the barracks.

Last edited:

RAT969

Don't forget the rest of the "girls". The one's in the small Italian cars, (sunroofs added to your pleasure) and the "Campfire Girls" located in the woods/brush below Humpty's wall. It always made for a pleasant walk back to the landing in the evening. Sure would have hated to be the sidewalk cleaner in the morning!

Longing for some liberty in the gut

limblips

PREMO Member
True Naples Gut story. We had a newbie youngster from some frog hollow in Arkansas. Naples was our first port call. The next morning we are sitting in the shop talking about liberty. The Chief asked the kid what he did. He proceeded to tell us about meeting a "girl" right at the castle by fleet landing and how he had only been ashore 15 minutes and was getting orally pleasured. The chief, being the mentor he was supposed to be explained to the kid that it wasn't a girl. The kid responded that he found that out when he tried to give "her" some manual pleasure. The chief responded "Son, you aren't the first sailor to make that mistake, but you are the first one to ever tell about it!"

On one of my many visits to Naples, I had shore patrol duty that entailed riding the bus from Fleet Landing to Afsouth/NSA. There was one particular stretch of road during the drive where "Chicks" hung out topless. All the squids were cheering and whistling as we drove by and the bus driver just laughed. I finally asked him why he was laughing, and he said they were not "chicks" they were transvestites. Also fondly remember Popeye, who hung around the USO selling his Hey Joe stuff. Sad day when he was killed in a bombing in 1988...

limblips

PREMO Member
On one of my many visits to Naples, I had shore patrol duty that entailed riding the bus from Fleet Landing to Afsouth/NSA. There was one particular stretch of road during the drive where "Chicks" hung out topless. All the squids were cheering and whistling as we drove by and the bus driver just laughed. I finally asked him why he was laughing, and he said they were not "chicks" they were transvestites. Also fondly remember Popeye, who hung around the USO selling his Hey Joe stuff. Sad day when he was killed in a bombing in 1988...
Yep, I remember the "Campfire Girls". I was told that it was illegal for women to bare their breasts so if you saw boobies they were adorning a tranny.