Anyone RV living full time?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Fulltiming for 4+ years. Spent a few summers in Alaska and Yellowstone National Park. Did some volunteer work with various state parks in Alaska and New York. Met a lot of great people on the road.

The first Alaskan road trip took 4 weeks to accomplish. I got to see quite a few amazing sights along the way.

Gas has been a killer lately but if you can hang out in 1 place for a long time, then it minimizes the pain in the gas.

PJay

Fulltiming for 4+ years. Spent a few summers in Alaska and Yellowstone National Park. Did some volunteer work with various state parks in Alaska and New York. Met a lot of great people on the road.

The first Alaskan road trip took 4 weeks to accomplish. I got to see quite a few amazing sights along the way.

Gas has been a killer lately but if you can hang out in 1 place for a long time, then it minimizes the pain in the gas.

Wonderful for you! Hope to go to Alaska some day. In Savannah right now.

Yes, best to sit if can.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Made the drive to Alaska twice both time in a '74 Volkswagon Thing. I was a lot more adventurous in my youth.

Monello

PREMO Member
My wife and I did for 2.5 years while we saved for a house. We look back fondly on our time in that crammed space.
How cramped are we talking? We are 34 feet with 2 slides. I can't think of a time when it felt cramped. Our chokepoint is the bathroom sink. If someone is using it then it's to narrow to pass. So you wait a whole minute and a half.

Chris0nllyn

How cramped are we talking? We are 34 feet with 2 slides. I can't think of a time when it felt cramped. Our chokepoint is the bathroom sink. If someone is using it then it's to narrow to pass. So you wait a whole minute and a half.

It was a 40' x 8' travel trailer w/ 2 "roll outs".

The stove didn't work and the water heater was 10 gallons. My wife could whip up a mean meal (including Thanksgiving dinner) on a hot plate and/or grill. I'm 6'6" and luckily the shower had a skylight in it so I could stand up straight.

Our chokepoint was the bathroom separating the living area/kitchen from the bedroom. Dropping a deuce? Walk around.

The breaker would trip every once and awhile when she'd blow dry her hair with the electric heater on. It was fun running out of propane for the central heater in the middle of the night, too.

I tell ya, moving out was a breeze. One 8' truck bed and we were done. :lol: Now we can't get rid of junk quick enough.

Monello

PREMO Member
It was a 40' x 8' travel trailer w/ 2 "roll outs".

The stove didn't work and the water heater was 10 gallons. My wife could whip up a mean meal (including Thanksgiving dinner) on a hot plate and/or grill. I'm 6'6" and luckily the shower had a skylight in it so I could stand up straight.

Our chokepoint was the bathroom separating the living area/kitchen from the bedroom. Dropping a deuce? Walk around.

The breaker would trip every once and awhile when she'd blow dry her hair with the electric heater on. It was fun running out of propane for the central heater in the middle of the night, too.

I tell ya, moving out was a breeze. One 8' truck bed and we were done. :lol: Now we can't get rid of junk quick enough.
Can I assume you parked your trailer on the land where the home was being built? If you were in a campground, use the bathhouse to shower. They have plenty of hot water for a nice long soak.

We no longer trip breakers like we use to. Things that are an issue, hair dryer, electric heaters, instant pot and air fryer. Any combination of 2 of those will trip it.

Our toilet/shower is contained in a room with a door. The sink is in the hall which is convenient. In some setups if the bathroom is being used then there is no acces to the hand sink.

Currently we are going through a dust storm. High winds and dirt particles in the air. I can actually taste dust. Our view of the mountain is blocked by trillions of dust particles. It's amazing how that could happen.

Chris0nllyn

Can I assume you parked your trailer on the land where the home was being built? If you were in a campground, use the bathhouse to shower. They have plenty of hot water for a nice long soak.

We no longer trip breakers like we use to. Things that are an issue, hair dryer, electric heaters, instant pot and air fryer. Any combination of 2 of those will trip it.

Our toilet/shower is contained in a room with a door. The sink is in the hall which is convenient. In some setups if the bathroom is being used then there is no acces to the hand sink.

Currently we are going through a dust storm. High winds and dirt particles in the air. I can actually taste dust. Our view of the mountain is blocked by trillions of dust particles. It's amazing how that could happen.

It was parked on my parent's land while we saved money. It was not something I'd want to tow around.

It's just nice looking back at a time in our lives that seems not long ago, but the reality is, it was a lifetime ago.

Monello

PREMO Member
I wish there was a way for more people in their late 50s/early 60s to experience this for a few months. Not that I want all the campgrounds clogged up with more campers. It's that I want them to know the freedom of hitting the road and having awesome experiences. On my Facebook RV pages many people say they wish they had hit the road a lot sooner than they did. Since you can't get that time back, might as well make the best of the rest of the time you have.