Anyone showing at the AMIT & CHESSIE Shows??

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I heard the AMIT show from this past Sunday had been re-scheduled for this Sunday, March 8th. Then the 3rd CHESSIE Show will be held on March 15th at the St. Mary's Fair Grounds.

What is the footing like at the Fair Grounds this time of year?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I have no idea about the footing at the fairgrounds. I am sure it is covered with snow right now. I know...:smarta$$:

I haven't ridden in almost two weeks due to the flu virus. I just started feeling better this week and it is so cold. Even with the indoor I don't want to ride in 15 degree weather.

kmbetit

K Betit
I'm going to CHESSIE :howdy: hopefully. I try not to plan too far in advance, my boy always finds a way to get out of going to a show about two days beforehand. Hopefully the ring will be clear too, looks like warm weather this weekend though, should melt everything.

Duckz

I'll be at the AMIT show, not sure about CHESSIE. Unless it's sunny every single day between now and then, I bet that grass ring will be a mess. AMIT's will be a mess too but at least it's sand.

BZHorseMomE

The temps for the 10 day are calling for the 50's & 60's next week. Then again they are calling for rain as well. Hopefully the ring at the Fair grounds will thaw and dry up before Sunday, March 15th.

Duckz I'm looking to bring the Big Girl if you'd like to show her in Eq. or something just let me know. :dye:

Duckz

The temps for the 10 day are calling for the 50's & 60's next week. Then again they are calling for rain as well. Hopefully the ring at the Fair grounds will thaw and dry up before Sunday, March 15th.

Duckz I'm looking to bring the Big Girl if you'd like to show her in Eq. or something just let me know. :dye:

Thanks BZ :howdy: I will take Trouble in Eq if I go to the show. Are you going to ride Willow in anything? I can hop on for some pleasure classes if you want. Are you going to BEST the following weekend?

BZHorseMomE

Thanks BZ :howdy: I will take Trouble in Eq if I go to the show. Are you going to ride Willow in anything? I can hop on for some pleasure classes if you want. Are you going to BEST the following weekend?

Sounds good. Just have to see how she settles in on March 15th. Don't think I'll make the first BEST show. Probably shoot for the 2nd show in May.:dye: With a green bean we I'm not planning on point chasing this year.

devinej

any one going tomorrow?? i think i might be there in the afternoon with roanly pony and higgins :)

BZHorseMomE

any one going tomorrow?? i think i might be there in the afternoon with roanly pony and higgins :)

I'd love to come tomorrow, but I'm taking the oldest to a Birthday Party and then to Soccer practice. With a little riding in the middle of all that running. Maybe the warm weather dried up the ring down at AMIT today.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I am going in a couple of the morning classes. He can be a pill in the mud so I am just aiming not to get dumped in the mud.

I told Bobby that I am doing w/t this time and he was fine with it. He is like a lot of people are holding back being the first real show of the season. I just am reserved on the mud with doing much cantering or jumping.

BZ...if the classes are large at the fairgrounds in my humble opinion since it is a grass ring and will be slick. It would be a good idea to let half the group canter at once. With that type of footing it is better to be safe than sorry. That is just my opinion. :)

BZHorseMomE

I am going in a couple of the morning classes. He can be a pill in the mud so I am just aiming not to get dumped in the mud.

I told Bobby that I am doing w/t this time and he was fine with it. He is like a lot of people are holding back being the first real show of the season. I just am reserved on the mud with doing much cantering or jumping.

BZ...if the classes are large at the fairgrounds in my humble opinion since it is a grass ring and will be slick. It would be a good idea to let half the group canter at once. With that type of footing it is better to be safe than sorry. That is just my opinion. :)

Bobby is running the CHESSIE Show on March 15th. Isn't the ring at the Fair Grounds a decent size? I'm sure between Bobby and the judge they will make the right decision to keep horse and rider safe. I do understand how slick the grass ring can get though.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Bobby is running the CHESSIE Show on March 15th. Isn't the ring at the Fair Grounds a decent size? I'm sure between Bobby and the judge they will make the right decision to keep horse and rider safe. I do understand how slick the grass ring can get though.

It will be fine. I am hoping that the grass isn't to slick.