Anyone want to form a Trivia Team

jfrenaye

I know it is not really SOMD, but Bill Batemans in Severna Park has a fun Trivia Night each Tuesday. Typically it is a friend from Odenton, my girlfreind and me (Annapolis) and to be honest we could use some more brain power! LOL

I can only go every other week due to my kid custody scheudle, but may drag one or two of them along this summer, but is anyone else interested?

It runs from 830 to about 1030. They run a few series a year and if you are one of the top three teams of the night you get a gift card ($30, $20, $10) for your next time (hey it pays the beer tab) and then there is a "World Series" thing that you can win $1000.

Kinda geeky, but fun! ANyone in?

bcp

In My Opinion
jfrenaye said:
I know it is not really SOMD, but Bill Batemans in Severna Park has a fun Trivia Night each Tuesday. Typically it is a friend from Odenton, my girlfreind and me (Annapolis) and to be honest we could use some more brain power! LOL

I can only go every other week due to my kid custody scheudle, but may drag one or two of them along this summer, but is anyone else interested?

It runs from 830 to about 1030. They run a few series a year and if you are one of the top three teams of the night you get a gift card ($30, $20, $10) for your next time (hey it pays the beer tab) and then there is a "World Series" thing that you can win $1000.

Kinda geeky, but fun! ANyone in?
what do you two look like?

briancpest

you DO know that Damons does trivia every night on there big screen tv's..... right?

My coworkers and I used to go every Friday.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am a plethora of useless trivia (in fact I am the champ at Famous Dave's in Frederick - ask Larry). But I am totally not going to Severna Park. :twitch:

briancpest

vraiblonde said:
Bet I can beat you :really:

When shall we square off?

psh, anyone can beat me at all that stuff.

especially since the majority of the trivia at Damons is sports.

however, when they have the movie topic, I always wipe the floor with the competition.

the best part of trivia at damons is, you can make your entire party a team. And you play against all the other tables in the restaurant (in theory; usually not many other tables are playing).

jfrenaye

Lilypad said:
That's kind of an odd statement to make?!?! Sounds like you're "trolling".
Not trolling....am I expected to say she is an ugly dog?

Not a rump ranger here either! LOL

The trivia at Batemans is not by machine, but you play against other teams. There is a "DJ" of sorts that reads the questions and you sort of bet (Jeopardy Style) on the answer--you assign the point value based on your confidence. THe final question is sort of an all or nothing deal.