Anyone want to take a guess?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What do you think schools will decide to do after this week? When do you think they will announce their decision?

I say... online school for the rest of the year and it will be announced tomorrow.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Governor Hogan is having a press conference at 11 tomorrow. We shall see.

CRHS89

I get online school for older kids, but how do you do that with early elementary age? And what about kids with special needs?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I get online school for older kids, but how do you do that with early elementary age? And what about kids with special needs?
I can only speak from my own experience, but my boy was using the PC to play learning games at around 6 years. I'm pretty sure in the last 15-20 years, PC proficiency among kids has only gotten better at younger ages. Special needs kids are probably going to suffer.

CRHS89

I can only speak from my own experience, but my boy was using the PC to play learning games at around 6 years. I'm pretty sure in the last 15-20 years, PC proficiency among kids has only gotten better at younger ages. Special needs kids are probably going to suffer.
I know they can use tech...but there is so much more that young kids learn in school than academics. I think the interaction with other kids and the hands-on activities is a very important part of school for these ages. But I guess it will only be for a few months at most. The kids with special needs are the ones who are going to suffer the most I think.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And what about kids with special needs?

they don't

I think the interaction with other kids and the hands-on activities is a very important part of school for these ages. But I guess it will only be for a few months at most.

how do you think homeschoolers have been handling this ?

The kids with special needs are the ones who are going to suffer the most I think.

Unfortunately this new setup cannot accommodate everyone

Last edited:

CRHS89

I have friends and relatives that homeschool. Most are part of a co-op where the kids get together for school once a week or month. Plus homeschool families do lots of activities together and participate in sports and other extra curricular activities. None of that is happening now. It is a common misconception that home schooled children are always at home and don't have access to socialize or have friends.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It is a common misconception that home schooled children are always at home and don't have access to socialize or have friends.

no, but they don't socialize as much as day to day in school students ...... 3 of my children were home schooled in the 90's into 2000

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
they don't

Unfortunately this new setup cannot accommodate everyone
This.

I'll have to ask some of my friends who are teachers, I'm not sure how this is working for some of the special needs students.