Anyplace rent small sailboats?

flyingdog

Dad is interested in going out this weekend. Looking for something small, nothing fancy. Thanks for the help!

Gwydion

How small? St. Mary's College let students take out their dinghys for free, you could always call them and set up an appointment.

Or bring a 6 pack and trade it for a student's ID.

flyingdog

How small? St. Mary's College let students take out their dinghys for free, you could always call them and set up an appointment.

Or bring a 6 pack and trade it for a student's ID.

I just got a great visual of Dad getting arrested for giving alcohol to a minor! Small; I looked on their website and that is about the size I'm looking for. I like that it is on the river as well instead of the bay. It doesn't seem viable to think we could get one for a few hours, though.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just got a great visual of Dad getting arrested for giving alcohol to a minor! Small; I looked on their website and that is about the size I'm looking for. I like that it is on the river as well instead of the bay. It doesn't seem viable to think we could get one for a few hours, though.

Do you have access to the base?

MWR has 16.5 foot Catlinas to a 51 foot Ketch.

If I remeber correctly the Catlinas are $6 an hour.

NPSC Boats

They may require proof of proficiency before letting you take one out though.

flyingdog

Do you have access to the base?

MWR has 16.5 foot Catlinas to a 51 foot Ketch.

If I remeber correctly the Catlinas are $6 an hour.

NPSC Boats

They may require proof of proficiency before letting you take one out though.

Yeah, ironically we are getting certified, but Dad won't be and so we are at square one. Thanks for the suggestion, we are looking forward to being certified and renting these!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yeah, ironically we are getting certified, but Dad won't be and so we are at square one. Thanks for the suggestion, we are looking forward to being certified and renting these!

If you go through the MWR and not the sail club you could probably still take one out. Go over to the West Basin while MWR is open and ask.. I remember last year they rented out to a couple and we stayed on shore and laughed while they tried to paddle back in from the middle of the river, WITH the wind blowing.

Sail club has their rules for taking boats out, but the boats belong to MWR and not the sail club..

I'd volunteer to take you guys out, but am a little tied up this week-end, and both my favorite boats are 'down' right not.