Anything Like This Already Exist?

glhs837

Power with Control
They exist but, they are yet another answer in search of a question.

for most of us, yes, but if your job is to raise hell, Navy Seal style, say, you have asked that question. Very niche market for real users as opposed to rednecks who wanna impress the other rednecks, I do agree though.

MMDad

Lem Putt
for most of us, yes, but if your job is to raise hell, Navy Seal style, say, you have asked that question. Very niche market for real users as opposed to rednecks who wanna impress the other rednecks, I do agree though.

Doesn't seem very useful, even for that niche. Maybe if you wanted to spray a crowd at short range but don't want to risk collaterals behind them? Little control, easy to get away from you.

If you want to spray and pray use an assault rifle.

glhs837

Power with Control
Doesn't seem very useful, even for that niche. Maybe if you wanted to spray a crowd at short range but don't want to risk collaterals behind them? Little control, easy to get away from you.

Think of it more as a shock and awe weapon in an urban house to house thing. You kick in a door and start in with this thing, the noise and effects on targets cause s huge psychological effect on others. At least I would imagine so.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Yup. Too heavy, too bulky to be practical on any mission I can envision. Add to that inaccuracy.

Toy.

Inkd

Yup. Too heavy, too bulky to be practical on any mission I can envision. Add to that inaccuracy.

Toy.

I think if you had to lay down some serious suppressive fire it could work. With a 32 round magazine and 2 3/4 in buckshot, that's 288 projectiles downrange pretty fast.

Recoil isn't as bad as you would suspect with the gas system it has in it.

As far as accuracy, hell, if I want to make people duck and run in order for me to give my guys time to regroup, hitting someone is great but not necessary at that particular time.

I don't know how it stacks up weight wise against the current SAW's though. I don't know what a 249 weighs.

I think maybe in a place like Iraq, with the house to house fighting and room clearing it may have been useful, but if I'm not mistaken, the Marines already have Mossbergs and probably saw no need to put out cash for something they aready have and which seems to have been working fine.

I believe it was demonstrated to the Marine Corps though. Being as it hasn't been picked up by any branches of the military or agencies that I know of, most of them probably agree with your assesment. It sure looks fun as hell though!!!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Toy.

Besides, why use a 12 gauge when you have a 40mm??

Our grenade launchers, (like the M79 and M203, Mk19) also can shoot shotgun type rounds though usually not available to "normal" infantry or ground troops..

It was a blast (in more ways than one) to shoot 40mm buckshot rounds