AOC’s Latest ‘Green New Deal’ Price Tag? $10 Trillion Just ‘To Have A Shot.’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
To put that in perspective, the U.S. national debt — which tallies the collective debt that the nation has accumulated over the entire course of the republic's history, to-date — presently stands at $22.4 trillion. Put another way, according to Holtz-Eakin's calculations, the "Green New Deal" would single-handedly amount to somewhere roughly between a 300% to 500% increase in our national debt.

On Wednesday, The Hill reported that its Capitol Hill reporter asked Ocasio-Cortez to again produce a fiscal estimate of the cost of her plan. According to the outlet, Ocasio-Cortez claimed that the national investment would require $10 trillion — thus single-handedly increasing the national debt by roughly 50% — just "to have a shot":
Freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said Wednesday that any plan to sufficiently address the climate crisis will need to cost at least $10 trillion.
"I think we really need to get to $10 trillion to have a shot," the progressive firebrand said in response to a question from The Hill in the Capitol.
"I know it’s a ton," she added. "I don’t think anyone wants to spend that amount of money, it’s not a fun number to say, I’m not excited to say we need to spend $10 trillion on climate, but ... it’s just the fact of the scenario."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48131/aocs-latest-green-new-deal-price-tag-10-trillion-josh-hammer

BOP

As long as no one expects Demonrats or their pets (du jour) to pay for it, it's all good.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No Thanks ... California has a SUPER MAJORITY as far as political party control

Typhus is making a come back ..... There is a plague of RATS [not democrats] in LA because of the fifth

AND THEY CANNOT CLEAN UP THE MESS

Hijinx

Why does the media keep following this clueless dingleberry around and reporting on her childish, foolish, "green" ideas.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The AFL-CIO Has No Love for the Green New Deal

“We welcome the call for labor rights and dialogue with labor, but the Green New Deal resolution is far too short on specific solutions the speak to the jobs our members and the critical sectors of the economy,” the AFL-CIO said. (Disclosure: Splinter is part of the Writers Guild of America East, which is affiliated with the AFL-CIO.) “We will not accept proposals that could cause immediate harm to millions of our members and their families. We will not stand by and allow threats to our members’ jobs and their families’ standard of living go unanswered.”

[far left news site]