AOC Off The Rails

BOP

Of course. The overlords propped that girl up and made her a star - she's the Kylie Jenner of politics <--I can't take credit for that, I heard it somewhere. Plucked this bartender out of obscurity and groomed her to be a social media influencer. Put her on TV and did magazine pieces on her, hammered it home every minute of every day that she was a political superstar, and because so many in this country are no-life losers they glommed onto her PR campaign and now hang on her every word.

There's a saying: in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. I heard that first when I was a teenager and as I became an adult the meaning sunk in as I saw abject mediocrity - or less - being lauded as the best and brightest.
Same thing they did with Obowwow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Same thing they did with Obowwow.

You bet. Clueless types who insist that Bama is some great mastermind and leader - :lmao: Walk on with that nonsense. He is a tool. A puppet. Just like Hillary Clinton and George W. Bush and Joe Biden. Our overlords aren't prominent politicians; our overlords created those politicians to muscle us into compliance.

Same with the news media. Those people are script readers, not leaders.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In suggesting a role for the government to regulate the media's speech, AOC is echoing comments made by numerous right-wing figures—most notably President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly called for changing libel laws to make it easier for maligned officials to sue the press. Trump has also made threats against newspapers for covering his presidency negatively. It's critical that the law not be changed; the media must be free to vigorously criticize the president, Congress, or any other aspect of the government, even if the reporting is sometimes wrong or off-base. Similarly, addressing disinformation should be a job for private platforms and individual readers, not the government.

Hijinx

In suggesting a role for the government to regulate the media's speech, AOC is echoing comments made by numerous right-wing figures—most notably President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly called for changing libel laws to make it easier for maligned officials to sue the press. Trump has also made threats against newspapers for covering his presidency negatively. It's critical that the law not be changed; the media must be free to vigorously criticize the president, Congress, or any other aspect of the government, even if the reporting is sometimes wrong or off-base. Similarly, addressing disinformation should be a job for private platforms and individual readers, not the government.

AOC only says this because the democrats own the press, If it were the other way around she would be screaming like a raped ape.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Without Evidence, AOC, Omar Push Conspiracy About Capitol Breach

Without evidence, Democratic Sen. Brian Schatz (HI) and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY) and Ilhan Omar (MN) all engaged in the promotion of a conspiracy concerning the breach on the U.S. Capitol earlier this month and their Republican colleagues.

Schatz, Ocasio-Cortez, and Omar all posted Friday that they have not given any Capitol tours in the last week. Ocasio-Cortez took it a step further in the promotion of the “suspicious tours” conspiracy, asking Republican lawmakers to answer if they’ve given any Capitol tours recently.