AOC Says Something Ignorant

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Siding with AOC, Gov. Hochul kills natural gas power projects in Queens, upstate NY

State Department of Environmental Commissioner Basil Seggos said both proposals failed to comply with the state’s “Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act” to reduce carbon emissions.

Power company NRG said the project would retrofit its 50-year-old natural gas-burning plant near the Robert Kennedy/Triborough Bridge and claimed it would cut polluting carbon emissions.

The Astoria plant is called a “peaker” facility because it provides needed additional power to the electric grid during peak usage, such as during summer heat waves when millions of New Yorkers blast their air conditioners.

“Our review determined the proposed project does not demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act. The proposed project would be inconsistent with or would interfere with the statewide greenhouse gas emissions limits established in the Climate Act,” Seggos said in a statement denying the permit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It’s ‘Dangerous’ To Think That The Democrat Party Has A ‘Woke Problem’

“One dangerous aspect of thinking there’s a ‘woke problem’ is that Dem chances for re-election or majorities in House, Senate, & WH rely on the racial justice issue of voting rights. Dems distancing from racial justice makes protection of voting rights less likely, ensuring losses,” she claimed without evidence. “‘Woke’ is a term pundits are now using as a derogatory euphemism for civil rights & justice. Making up a ‘woke’ problem results in putting civil & voting rights on the backburner. In a year state legislatures are planning out GOP majorities & voter suppression, that’s dangerous.”

She concluded, “People think Fox News is just about indoctrinating right-wingers, but it’s also about conditioning Dems on what to run away from. Framing racial justice as ‘controversial’ is key to delaying the protection of voting rights (& others) until it’s too late. We shouldn’t indulge it.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Noted Energy Expert AOC Makes Another Hilarious Claim About the Keystone XL Pipeline

The 19th-century humorist Josh Billings observed: “It ain’t ignorance [that] causes so much trouble; it’s folks knowing so much that ain’t so.” Nearly 100 years later, President Ronald Reagan recycled the observation: “The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so.”

In the case of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), I’m not sure about the “ignorant” part (wink-wink), but examples abound that lead one to wonder about itand boy, does she have the “know so much that isn’t so” part down pat.

Case in point: the noted fossil fuel expert’s latest silly comments about the evil Keystone XL pipeline — gleefully killed by Biden a nanosecond after his occupation of the Oval Office.

OccamsRazor

So is Joe going to oversee the replacement of every private well in the country? He promises that EVERY child will drink "fresh clean water from the tap." What does he/they define as "fresh?" I know my well water is not perfect.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So is Joe going to oversee the replacement of every private well in the country? He promises that EVERY child will drink "fresh clean water from the tap." What does he/they define as "fresh?" I know my well water is not perfect.
It would be a government program designed by a leftist, so pull the pump, fill and cap the well, and give them a voucher to take to Walmart for 48 bottles of Perrier.

Hijinx

I realize that lead pipes are a major concern for AOC, it seems certain that she she ate it off the walls and drank gallons of lead contaminated water. She definitely has Dane Bramage.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrat AOC Targets ‘Excessive Bail’ Day After Suspect Out On Bail Hit 50+ People With Car In Waukesha

“We have grave concerns that excessive bail amounts are leading to unnecessary pretrial detention and contributing to a humanitarian crisis in New York City’s jail system, particularly on Rikers Island,” they claimed. “Fourteen people have died this year in the custody of New York City Department of Correction. Condemning thousands of individuals to languish in an environment plagued by persistent overcrowding and mounting violence as they await trial is not acceptable, and risks violating the federal civil rights of these individuals. If these conditions are not addressed, federal intervention may be necessary to protect detainees from additional harm.”

“When prosecutors seek excessive cash bail, it results in increased rates of incarceration — particularly for low-income defendants,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter. “More than 75% of individuals in custody haven’t been convicted of a crime, and are confined in unsafe conditions simply because they cannot afford cash bail. Condemning thousands of individuals to languish in such environments as they await trial is unacceptable.”

DaSDGuy

Democrat AOC Targets ‘Excessive Bail’ Day After Suspect Out On Bail Hit 50+ People With Car In Waukesha

“We have grave concerns that excessive bail amounts are leading to unnecessary pretrial detention and contributing to a humanitarian crisis in New York City’s jail system, particularly on Rikers Island,” they claimed. “Fourteen people have died this year in the custody of New York City Department of Correction. Condemning thousands of individuals to languish in an environment plagued by persistent overcrowding and mounting violence as they await trial is not acceptable, and risks violating the federal civil rights of these individuals. If these conditions are not addressed, federal intervention may be necessary to protect detainees from additional harm.”

“When prosecutors seek excessive cash bail, it results in increased rates of incarceration — particularly for low-income defendants,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote on Twitter. “More than 75% of individuals in custody haven’t been convicted of a crime, and are confined in unsafe conditions simply because they cannot afford cash bail. Condemning thousands of individuals to languish in such environments as they await trial is unacceptable.”
Agree. The bail systems doesn't work. From now on keep everyone in jail until trial, just like those from Jan 6.
Maybe even check to see if those being held have felony warrants from out of state too? If that was already being done we would have five innocent people still alive in Waukesha.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AOC Loses It: McCarthy ‘Working With His Ku Klux Klan Caucus,’ Allows ‘Violent Targeting Of WOC’

Far-left Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) on Wednesday accused Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) of working with “his Ku Klux Klan caucus” and allowing “violent targeting of [women of color] members of congress.”

The Democrat further criticized the entirety of the GOP for allegedly inciting threats against Democrats, leading them to “pay for the security required” as Republicans profit.

“People truly don’t understand the scale, intensity, & volume of threats targeting [Rep. Ilhan Omar],” AOC posted to Twitter. “Kevin McCarthy is so desperate to be speaker that he is working with his Ku Klux Klan caucus to look aside & allow violent targeting of woc (women of color) members of Congress.”

OccamsRazor

Why is this woman being allowed to use this terminology on her public podium without repercussions? This is pure and simple HATE speech and it is not being addressed.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Why is this woman being allowed to use this terminology on her public podium without repercussions? This is pure and simple HATE speech and it is not being addressed.
Because she's a Democrat.

There are no rules for them.

You should know this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AOC, who makes $175K a year, says taxpayers should have to pay off her $17K in student loan debt

As a member of Congress, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a whopping $174,000 annually, meaning that she individually earns more than twice the average U.S. household’s income. Yet the progressive Democrat nonetheless thinks that working-class taxpayers should have to pay off her student loan debt.

That’s one of the main takeaways from Ocasio-Cortez’s latest speech on the House floor. In the congresswoman’s remarks, she issued yet another factually challenged and morally distorted plea for “student debt cancellation,” a progressive euphemism for having taxpayers pay off approximately $1.6 trillion in student loan debt. (The loans aren’t “canceled” magically but paid off by taxpayers. Congress can’t just make debts go away.)

This is nothing new, as student debt “cancellation” has been one of Ocasio-Cortez’s pet issues since the beginning of her political career. Yet an interesting twist in this speech is that Ocasio-Cortez uses herself as an example — and directly calls for taxpayers to pay off her financial obligations.

“I’m 32 years old now,” the congresswoman said. “I have over $17,000 in student loan debt, and I didn’t go to graduate school because I knew that getting another degree would drown me in debt that I would never be able to surpass. This is unacceptable.”

I’m sorry, what part of that is unacceptable, exactly?

Toxick

Splat
Let us know the day she DOESN'T say something ignorant or stupid.

You're welcome.