AOC - SAYS U.S. IS 'RUNNING CONCENTRATION CAMPS ON OUR SOUTHERN BORDER'

Sapidus

So, county jails - where people are jailed prior to (or in lieu of) bail before their trail starts are "concentration camps"?

No, they're clearly not.

And, these people housed while awaiting their immigration judge to see them are in the same status.

Here we go again.

Stop making comparative statements and stick to the facts. You are bad at both but slightly less so when dealing with facts.

"Mass Incarceration" Many people in county jails have been caught in the act of a crime by a police officer and arrested In many cases this is in fact the trial. Popel waiting in jail for a trail are there because they cant afford bail or are a flight risk, These are not remotely the same scenario as being deliberately held in inhumane conditions which are designed to be as inhumane as possible.

Next time really stop and reread you statement before you post it. I bet 8/10 you can just delete it

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So because the Trump administration signed fewer officer to process claims you believe that means 90 % of the applicants are not eligible for asylum

WTF are you going on about ... you challenged Gilligan's 90% assertion on APPROVALS

Nearly 20,500 individuals in FY 2016. In fiscal year (FY) 2016, the most recent year for which data are available, 20,455 individuals were granted asylum, which is about 28 percent out of the 73,081 cases. Approval rates varied by immigration court from about 10 percent to 80 percent.

The Number of Administrators has NOTHING to do with Approve / Deny Rates

here again when the FACTS Prove you wrong you change the topic

Jesus you are dumb.

Nice Ad Hominem Attack

You acted that i you don't want to be jailed don't commit crimes.

I never said that

Millions of Jews, gays and gypsys were jailed and killed because they committed " crimes" idiot

What are you going on about ? Where are Jews, Gays and Gypsy's being jailed in America Today ?

Why cant you follow along with a simple discussion or even with points you yourself raise?

Are you and drugs?

YOU are the one who cannot stay on topic.

Why do you lie and then try to point to articles that state nothing about what you said as your proof. Are you trying to imitate Trump?

Again YOU changed topics from Approval Rates to not enough Officers to Process claims

A has NOTHING to do with B ....... The Number of Administrators or Offices only matters insofar as A takes longer

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
... held in inhumane conditions which are designed to be as inhumane as possible.

It will soon be all better when they all have to stay on the other side of the border to apply and wait. As it should be. Bet conditions on that side will be lovely.

This_person

Here we go again.

Stop making comparative statements and stick to the facts. You are bad at both but slightly less so when dealing with facts.

"Mass Incarceration" Many people in county jails have been caught in the act of a crime by a police officer and arrested In many cases this is in fact the trial. Popel waiting in jail for a trail are there because they cant afford bail or are a flight risk, These are not remotely the same scenario as being deliberately held in inhumane conditions which are designed to be as inhumane as possible.

Next time really stop and reread you statement before you post it. I bet 8/10 you can just delete it
Well, is it the "incarceration of civilians without trial" or not? I mean, if it is, county jails are concentration camps.

Or, your point is a teeny-tiny window into a much larger point that disproves your initial point.

Which one is it? Because, these people are caught in the act of a crime by law enforcement, so that's the same. They can't afford to come here legally, so that's the same. They were clearly trying to not be caught and therefore are a flight risk. So, every part of your counter proves to be the same type of thing.

Sapidus

WTF are you going on about ... you challenged Gilligan's 90% assertion on APPROVALS

The Number of Administrators has NOTHING to do with Approve / Deny Rates

here again when the FACTS Prove you wrong you change the topic

Nice Ad Hominem Attack

I never said that

What are you going on about ? Where are Jews, Gays and Gypsy's being jailed in America Today ?

YOU are the one who cannot stay on topic.

Again YOU changed topics from Approval Rates to not enough Officers to Process claims

A has NOTHING to do with B ....... The Number of Administrators or Offices only matters insofar as A takes longer

the number of affirmative applications granted declined considerably and the number of applications climbed to a 12-year high of almost 200,000, as fewer asylum officers were assigned to review affirmative applications.

Sapidus

Well, is it the "incarceration of civilians without trial" or not? I mean, if it is, county jails are concentration camps.

Or, your point is a teeny-tiny window into a much larger point that disproves your initial point.

Which one is it? Because, these people are caught in the act of a crime by law enforcement, so that's the same. They can't afford to come here legally, so that's the same. They were clearly trying to not be caught and therefore are a flight risk. So, every part of your counter proves to be the same type of thing.

So you now believe claiming asylum and committing a crime are the same thing?

Is there no lie you are willing to tell to avoid the fact that we are caging people in inhumane conditions?

Why are only the lives of fetuses important to you? Wouldn't you think those same fetus grow up to be children you who's lives you would care about?

Did jebus tell you only fetuses are important ?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
WRT this thread (and AOC in general) methinks The Babylon Bee gets it quite correct.

Here:

and here:

--- End of line (MCP)

This_person

So you now believe claiming asylum and committing a crime are the same thing?

NO!! Chris (since you're making the same argument he made and failed at yesterday), coming into the country illegally is … well... ILLEGAL.

One can seek asylum without coming into the country illegally - just go to any port of entry and request asylum.

That's not who is incarcerated or housed by the government.

Why are only the lives of fetuses important to you? Wouldn't you think those same fetus grow up to be children you who's lives you would care about?

Did jebus tell you only fetuses are important ?
No idea what a jebus is, but no jebus talks to me. Does a jebus talk to you?

No, fetuses are not the only lives I find important. However, we are not talking about fetuses being housed by the government, are we? I mean, is there even a reasonable segue for this?

This_person

Sappy is wandering in rhetorical circles again. I blame it on the cheap vodka he drinks..
You'd think he'd at least learn not to make the same failed arguments as others:

Sap: They're refugees!!!

Everyone: Well, no, by law they're not even close to that.

Sap: Then, they're here legally seeking asylum!!!

Everyone: No, they're here illegally seeking asylum and incarcerated for illegally entering the country.

It's as if Sappy can't read, because the arguments Sap is making have already been proven wrong.

Reactions: BOP

Sapidus

NO!! Chris (since you're making the same argument he made and failed at yesterday), coming into the country illegally is … well... ILLEGAL.

One can seek asylum without coming into the country illegally - just go to any port of entry and request asylum.

That's not who is incarcerated or housed by the government.

No idea what a jebus is, but no jebus talks to me. Does a jebus talk to you?

No, fetuses are not the only lives I find important. However, we are not talking about fetuses being housed by the government, are we? I mean, is there even a reasonable segue for this?

Yes. You don't care about the children seperated from their families or the ones that have died in US custody. But good forbid a woman decide to have an abortion.

If instead of Jebus i said said Fairy Sky monster who directs your morality would that ring a bell?

Sapidus

You'd think he'd at least learn not to make the same failed arguments as others:

Sap: They're refugees!!!

Everyone: Well, no, by law they're not even close to that.

Sap: Then, they're here legally seeking asylum!!!

Everyone: No, they're here illegally seeking asylum and incarcerated for illegally entering the country.

It's as if Sappy can't read, because the arguments Sap is making have already been proven wrong.

So the government is processing asylum applications for fun? The just make up these application themselves?

Why do you try to buddy the waters with your false claims.

You have said in the pat that an asylum seeker must claim asylum once they set foot on US soil.

Now you claim differently.

This is exactly the problem with arguing with morally and ethically bankrupt people You don't care about the truth, facts or reason. You mistake your feelings as actual facts

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes. You don't care about the children seperated from their families

Why did Barry and the Congress make it a requirement to separate children? Why doesn't Congress fix all the reasons why? Why are you so stone ignorant of the actual facts on the ground at the border? Why don't you take another long pull on that vodka bottle?

This_person

Yes. You don't care about the children seperated from their families or the ones that have died in US custody. But good forbid a woman decide to have an abortion.

But, I do care about the children separated from their families. Since we know that huge percentages of the ones coming illegally into the country were separated from their families before leaving their homes, sold into travel and illegal entry by their families, I find it abhorrent that any families would do that to children. Then, to risk American lives by sending them here with diseases that cause them to die when they get here, threatening everyone with whom they had contact is horrific!!

But, yeah, murder is bad, too, when a woman decides to kill the kid she willingly created.

How are those comparable again?

If instead of Jebus i said said Fairy Sky monster who directs your morality would that ring a bell?
Nope. I know now Jebus, jebus, or Fairy Sky monster.

Keep trying, though! :yay:

This_person

So the government is processing asylum applications for fun? The just make up these application themselves?

Nope. See, the timeline goes:
  1. Parents sell kids to coyotes who use the kids to get favored status when they get caught after illegally entering the United States.
  2. Coyotes repeatedly rape and physically abuse the kids while traveling to the United States.
  3. Coyotes and kids get caught, or don't. Those not caught sell the kids into sex slavery then work in the United States after stealing an identity to get a job. Those caught are detained, and claim asylum.
  4. While in detention, the government processes the asylum claims. The vast majority are rejected because, not shockingly to any informed person, there's no justification for asylum.

You have said in the pat that an asylum seeker must claim asylum once they set foot on US soil.

Now you claim differently.

Nope, claim remains the same - go to a port of entry (you're in the United States), make claim for asylum. It's that easy to not be detained for illegal entry - just don't enter illegally and you can claim asylum and get released and be here legally while your claim is processed. That's the law, that's the process.

This is exactly the problem with arguing with morally and ethically bankrupt people You don't care about the truth, facts or reason. You mistake your feelings as actual facts

Step away from the mirror, Sappy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is exactly the problem with arguing with morally and ethically bankrupt people

Image result for logical fallacies ad hominem

You don't care about the truth, facts or reason.

You have YET to proved any of these things .....

You mistake your feelings as actual facts

You are Projecting again ... you perfectly describe Progressives

Sapidus

Nope. See, the timeline goes:
  1. Parents sell kids to coyotes who use the kids to get favored status when they get caught after illegally entering the United States.
  2. Coyotes repeatedly rape and physically abuse the kids while traveling to the United States.
  3. Coyotes and kids get caught, or don't. Those not caught sell the kids into sex slavery then work in the United States after stealing an identity to get a job. Those caught are detained, and claim asylum.
  4. While in detention, the government processes the asylum claims. The vast majority are rejected because, not shockingly to any informed person, there's no justification for asylum.

Boy you have a very active imagination. Because the may happen to 1 out of 100 kids we should show show no compassion for all asylum seekers?

Why do you continue to believe the scare mongering Trump and the GOP media tell you to believe?

Where is your humanity?

You r just like those people who say we should cut off food stamps and other benefit programs because they might be abused not caring about the 99% of people who need it and use it properly

You bitch and moan about contributing all the social safety nets and services and environmental protections we have in this country which makes us the great country we are and then call other countries crap holes for not having them.

Why do you want to turn america into a crap hole?

Nope, claim remains the same - go to a port of entry (you're in the United States), make claim for asylum. It's that easy to not be detained for illegal entry - just don't enter illegally and you can claim asylum and get released and be here legally while your claim is processed. That's the law, that's the process.

How do you simultaneously not enter the county yet also enter the country to seek asylum moron?

Step away from the mirror, Sappy.