AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s Ukraine defense collides with facts

transporter

Hey spitbubble, take a gander at your wannabe king. He is throwing every lie he can think of into the soup in order to deflect the attention of the truly stupid...like yourself:

This is the best one...what a buffoon!

WOMEN’S SUFFRAGE
TRUMP: “They’ve been working on this for years and years. And I’m curious, why wasn’t it done a long time ago, and also — well, I guess the answer to that is because now I’m president, and we get things done.” — remarks Monday, signing a law to produce a $1 coin commemorating the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote.

THE FACTS: It wasn’t “done a long time ago” because the centennial being commemorated wasn’t a long time ago. It’s coming up in nine months. Legislation providing for the coin sped through Congress with bipartisan support.

Then there is a dual take down of the defenses that spitbubble believes:

TRUMP: “I held back the money from Ukraine because it is considered a corrupt country.” — tweet Tuesday.

THE FACTS: There’s scant evidence that Trump voiced concern about systemic corruption in Ukraine until he knew that word had gotten out about his request for a political favor from that country’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy

After his first phone call with Zelenskiy, in April, the White House said at the time that Trump had discussed his interest in having Ukraine rein in widespread corruption. But in the recently released rough transcript of the call, he actually did not mention corruption at all.

TRUMP: “I wanted to know why nearby European countries weren’t putting up money also.” — tweet Tuesday.

THE FACTS: He’s incorrect that European countries weren’t putting up aid for Ukraine.

European Union institutions have provided far more development assistance than the $204 million from Washington. Specific EU members, Japan and Canada also contribute significantly.

There is also a good one on impeachment...don't read it spitbubble...it doesn't conform with your "informed" sources on twitter!!

Grumpy

Hey spitbubble, take a gander at your wannabe king. He is throwing every lie he can think of into the soup in order to deflect the attention of the truly stupid...like yourself:

There is also a good one on impeachment...don't read it spitbubble...it doesn't conform with your "informed" sources on twitter!!
You really need to either see a doctor or pack your crap up and go to some other country.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AP doesn't get to "fact check" anymore because they lie. When they learn how to engage in honest, fair reporting, THEN they can fact check things.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Typical kellyann response ,ignore real facts and promote "alternative facts" (lies instead)

The Boss

You really need to either see a doctor or pack your crap up and go to some other country.
The fact I don't think the president of the USA should be selling this country off or blackmailing our friends around the World makes me a bad American, so be it. The people that should be leaving this country are the ones that support crooked trump . I mean you support trump you,you support putin.

Grumpy

The fact I don't think the president of the USA should be selling this country off or blackmailing our friends around the World makes me a bad American, so be it. The people that should be leaving this country are the ones that support crooked trump . I mean you support trump you,you support putin.

Pete

Repete

Trump is your President

SamSpade

THAT is the BEST one? You do realize you don't have to wait 100 damned years to commemorate an event, right?
This could EASILY have been done fifty years ago. They DID put Susan B Anthony on a one dollar coin forty years ago.

I don't know if the other two need to be addressed - Ukraine is considered one of the most corrupt nations on the planet -
one hardly needs verbal "proof" to establish that the President believed what EVERYONE believes.

The other? Well for one, EU nations typically and almost entirely send non-lethal aid. Yes, they send MEN to train them,
but the rest is stuff like radioactive waste disposal and cyber warfare training. The UNITED STATES is the nation that provides
the most actual lethal aid. Basically, they're sending blankets - we're sending guns. And that is what they're talking about.
In the phone call, Zelensky - who would KNOW - agrees that Germany isn't doing anything, even though they're tossing
money into the EU's hand.

You'll also note the quote refers to "neighboring European countries" and not "the EU".
Leave it to a leftie to change the narrative to suit them. He's right - actual neighbors and
close by nations aren't doing much. Hungary sends food and medicine; Moldova, nothing (but they're not EU).
Poland actually has helped, but non-lethal aid. Slovakia, Romania - humanitarian aid but a pittance. One year Slovakia
sends 125k euros. That's a joke.

This_person

THAT is the BEST one? You do realize you don't have to wait 100 damned years to commemorate an event, right?
This could EASILY have been done fifty years ago. They DID put Susan B Anthony on a one dollar coin forty years ago.

I don't know if the other two need to be addressed - Ukraine is considered one of the most corrupt nations on the planet -
one hardly needs verbal "proof" to establish that the President believed what EVERYONE believes.

The other? Well for one, EU nations typically and almost entirely send non-lethal aid. Yes, they send MEN to train them,
but the rest is stuff like radioactive waste disposal and cyber warfare training. The UNITED STATES is the nation that provides
the most actual lethal aid. Basically, they're sending blankets - we're sending guns. And that is what they're talking about.
In the phone call, Zelensky - who would KNOW - agrees that Germany isn't doing anything, even though they're tossing
money into the EU's hand.

You'll also note the quote refers to "neighboring European countries" and not "the EU".
Leave it to a leftie to change the narrative to suit them. He's right - actual neighbors and
close by nations aren't doing much. Hungary sends food and medicine; Moldova, nothing (but they're not EU).
Poland actually has helped, but non-lethal aid. Slovakia, Romania - humanitarian aid but a pittance. One year Slovakia
sends 125k euros. That's a joke.
Note, too, that no lethal aid was sent by the United States until Obama left office and Trump relieved him.