AP FACT CHECK: Trump's fusillade of misfires on fateful week

transporter

Look!! There's more!!!

https://apnews.com/2ae833bb36d48a1ed49ac529c3a657ea/gallery/bc5295bcf90a4732a6d7eb19a8a6e853
TRUMP, on U.S. troops targeted by the Iranian missile attack in Iraq this month: “I heard they had headaches and a couple of other things ... and I can report it is not very serious. ... No, I don’t consider them very serious injuries relative to other injuries that I’ve seen. ... No, I do not consider that to be bad injuries, no.” — news conference Wednesday in Davos, Switzerland.

THE FACTS: That assurance is misleading at best. The Pentagon said Friday that 34 service members suffered traumatic brain injury in the attack and half were taken to Germany or back to the U.S. for further observation and treatment.

Traumatic brain injury can be severe enough to cause life-long debilitation or death. The severity of the brain injuries has not been described in detail by the Pentagon; evaluation of the wounded troops continues.

Remember: Trump supports the troops!!! He's done more for them than any other person who was ever born!!

ABORTION
TRUMP on Gov. Ralph Northam, D-Va.: “The governor stated that he would execute a baby after birth.” — remarks at anti-abortion rally Friday.

THE FACTS: No, Northam he didn’t.

I wonder if you people notice how many of these fact check items aren't open for debate or subject to nuance...they are reporting on flat out lies of the President or his minions.
BLUE-COLLAR ‘BOOM’

TRUMP: “This is a blue-collar boom. Since my election, the net worth of the bottom half of wage earners has increased by plus-47% -- three times faster than the increase for the top 1%.” — remarks in Davos on Tuesday.

THE FACTS: It isn’t a boom for blue-collar workers.

They haven’t done much better than everyone else, and some of their gains under Trump have faded in the past year as his trade war hurt manufacturing. The mining and logging industry, for example, which includes oil and gas workers, lost 21,000 jobs last year. Manufacturers have added just 9,000 jobs in the past six months, while the economy as a whole gained more than 1.1 million jobs during that period.

TRUMP: “For the first time in decades we are no longer simply concentrating wealth in the hands of a few. We are concentrating and creating the most inclusive economy to ever exist.” — Davos remarks.

THE FACTS: That’s not true.

TRUMP: “We have to do something about other continents. We have to do something about other countries. ... We have a beautiful ocean called the Pacific Ocean, where thousands and thousands of tons of garbage flows toward us, and that’s put there by other countries.” — Davos news conference Wednesday.

THE FACTS: He’s right that garbage from abroad has come to U.S. shores by sea. What he does not say is that garbage from the U.S. also makes it over the ocean to other countries and that Americans have plenty to do with trashing their own shores.

TRUMP: “I’m proud to report the United States has among the cleanest air and drinking water on Earth -- and we’re going to keep it that way. And we just came out with a report that, at this moment, it’s the cleanest it’s been in the last 40 years.” — Davos remarks.

THE FACTS: No, air quality has worsened under his administration. And it’s a stretch to say the U.S. is among the countries with the cleanest air. Dozens of nations have less smoggy air.

...Trump this month proposed the latest enforcement rollbacks for the bedrock environmental acts credited with beginning that clean-up of U.S. air and water a half-century ago.

Naturally there is more...but Trump is just "misunderstood"...right???

CPUSA

So...where are the facts at?

Oh yeah...because you're just so...special!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AP can stuff their "fact checks" up their ass. They've been busted lying and sensationalizing way too many times for me to give a crap about them. They're lying and spinning right in these so-called fact checks. A glaring one that cannot be disputed is that Northam did indeed indicate he was in favor of killing born children.

They write this nonsense because braindeads like Transporter gobble it up and beg for more.

herb749

Look!! There's more!!!

https://apnews.com/2ae833bb36d48a1ed49ac529c3a657ea/gallery/bc5295bcf90a4732a6d7eb19a8a6e853

Remember: Trump supports the troops!!! He's done more for them than any other person who was ever born!!

I wonder if you people notice how many of these fact check items aren't open for debate or subject to nuance...they are reporting on flat out lies of the President or his minions.

Naturally there is more...but Trump is just "misunderstood"...right???

Why did you start this one 12 min after the other one.?

Oh I know, you forgot you posted the other one. Are you an X football player or something . :razz:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Perhaps you ought to get out of your mental demise of hatred and actually go talk to some of our troops?

Please don't. With you inability to control you contempt for everyone, you'll just get a serious ass whoopin'.