Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What a cool place this is!

We shared five - yes five - appetizers, then ate full meals. *burp* We had:

Buffalo oysters
pork belly
buffalo shrimp
waffle fries (these things were the SCHIZZ!)
(I can't remember the other appetizer)
Then Bann had a burger, FH had the duck, and I had this enormous slab of prime rib that I shared out with FH because it was so huge.

Very pubby and cute, cozy like you want to be there during a snowstorm. Our waitress was a doll (I want to say her name was Melinda) and the staff really takes care of you.

Would definitely go there again. :yay:

belvak

Happy Camper

Buffalo oysters
pork belly
buffalo shrimp
Then Bann had a burger, FH had the duck, and I had this enormous slab of prime rib that I shared out with FH because it was so huge.

Very pubby and cute, cozy like you want to be there during a snowstorm. Our waitress was a doll (I want to say her name was Melinda) and the staff really takes care of you.

Darn! Sorry we missed it! Sounds like it was good food and good friends!!!!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Buffalo oysters
pork belly
buffalo shrimp

:getdown:

I broked my low carb routine for the night and picked a great place to do it! :yum: I loved the waffle chips - awesome! I tried a snake head bite(?) appetizer, a buffalo shrimp & a pork belly. ALL were yum! I didn't have the oysters because I :dead: them.

A burger is a burger is a burger. I didn't find the burger to be all that. I don't think it was grilled and it wasn't really seared looking, but it was tasty. I ordered it thinking I would not have the bun, but figured OWTH and ate it anyway & it was just the right type of bun to hold up to the burger. It came with lettuce & tomato, so I ate those on the side. I chose onion rings as my side & they gave you 3 huge rings - which were coated with a panko bread crumb batter. They were fresh, homemade AND delicious. Even rivaled the Ruddy Duck's, but RD's onion rings are still my fav. :biggrin:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Darn! Sorry we missed it! Sounds like it was good food and good friends!!!!

It was all of that! Wish you & Mr. B could have made it! Even though it was just the 3 of us, we had a blast. ('cuz that's what we do!)

I think this is a great place for under 10 at a table - but I think a larger group - while I'm sure they could/would accommodate if you had reservations, might be too much for the ambiance of the place. JMO.

bcp

In My Opinion
I didnt get home from work until around 5:30, earliest we could have made it there would have been close to 7:30 after hitting the 23478 traffic lights coming through Waldork.
Just not a happening thing for us to head that direction on a friday night rush hour.

Buffalo oysters
pork belly
buffalo shrimp

What are buffalo oysters?

Vince

Buffalo oysters
pork belly
buffalo shrimp

Sounds great! Wish I could have been there. Still sick.

NextJen

Raisin cane
What are buffalo oysters?

I've been to the Blue Dog Saloon before and had the buffalo oysters. They are fried oysters tossed in a buffalo style sauce. Think buffalo wings, only with fried oysters. We had the pork belly appetizer also. Very yummy! I can highly recommend the Blackened & Blue Filet Mignon sandwich.