Aqha

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Does anyone locally show on the AQHA circuit? Just curious??

I do and I think I'm about the only one. There are a few trainers around hear that will take you to DE, PA, and MD shows but to be able to go to big shows like the Big A, Stars & Stripes, Reichert , Southern Belle, Florida Gold Coast, World Shows and Congress you will need to travel to atleast VA. I train in Staunton, VA now and will be moving my new horse to NC after Congress. IF you want to travel and do it and do it hard core, You are going to have to log in some road hours. Hope that can give you some more help.. I also have a great mare for sale that is world show competitive :howdy: :wink:

KDENISE977

I do and I think I'm about the only one. There are a few trainers around hear that will take you to DE, PA, and MD shows but to be able to go to big shows like the Big A, Stars & Stripes, Reichert , Southern Belle, Florida Gold Coast, World Shows and Congress you will need to travel to atleast VA. I train in Staunton, VA now and will be moving my new horse to NC after Congress. IF you want to travel and do it and do it hard core, You are going to have to log in some road hours. Hope that can give you some more help.. I also have a great mare for sale that is world show competitive :howdy: :wink:

WOW, I am new to this area and my sister is a trainer in NC (Woodlief Performance Horses) and was looking to see if I could find a place just to keep my horse during the off season, I hate not being able to see him for months at a time if I leave him with her, but she insists...

What can you tellme about your mare?? :high5:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
WOW, I am new to this area and my sister is a trainer in NC (Woodlief Performance Horses) and was looking to see if I could find a place just to keep my horse during the off season, I hate not being able to see him for months at a time if I leave him with her, but she insists...

What can you tellme about your mare?? :high5:

Your sisters name wouldnt happen to be Kelly would it? There is a trainer in La Plata, MD. Christy Thompson and her mom Mary Alice Good have a barn and they have a few QHs they use to show it back have backed off since the youngest daughter went away to school. There a lot of boarding barns but none that are strictly AQHA and sometimes other boarders give you lokks because of your spurs , etc.

You can look my mare up on youtube under "A Moxie For Me" I normally type AQHA at the end do get rid of all the junk results. She's 16 hands HUS deluxe. She trots like a big horse and can lope her ass off! Real easy to put together. and Knows her job in the pen.. goes in with her head down and doesn't move it. Extremely consistent.

C

campinmutt

Does anyone locally show on the AQHA circuit? Just curious??

there are a few others on here that show AQHA.....where are you located ? I do offer boarding in calvert county .we have a barn full of AQHA horses as well as some hunters and a few pets ..lol...what classes do you show your horse in ?? My daughter and I show WP and Trail...I have a 3 yr old by Extended Invitation that will do the all around and I am hoping to even do the hunter hack and working hunter when you can find those classes.We have a weanling by Mayo on The Side ( zippos Mr Goodbar son) out of my daughters mare ( Barpasser) ....in the barn we have a Dynamic Deluxe, KC leaguer,Qunicy Zipper,Misters Primenition,Extended Invitation,Barpasser and a Colonel Freckles!! can check out my farm website willowhillfarm.net .feel free to just come by and chat....I never mind gabbing about the horses !!

LoveHerSmiles

LOL, KDENISE977 there are several people in Southern MD that show AQHA and train right here as well....

There are also alot of boarding facilities in this area....

If you need any help or info just send me a PM, be glad to help!

P.S - Welcome to the area!