Arabian Cross Needing a Home Urgently

fallon3386

My friend has asked me to help her find a home for her arabian/cross. She is moving across the country at the end of this year and needs to find a new home for her horse urgently. He has an ad on dreamhorse in Huntingtown, Maryland zipcode is 20639 and his name is Sterling. He is a beautiful Dapple Grey. He is an english horse and he is really sweet. He absolutely loves to jump and I believe someone that is a jumper may be able to take him places. He is very willling and wants to please. I hope that by posting this we may be able to find him a home. She is asking $1500, but I know she will be willing to take less. I appreciate anything you can help with. Thanks

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
My friend has asked me to help her find a home for her arabian/cross. She is moving across the country at the end of this year and needs to find a new home for her horse urgently. He has an ad on dreamhorse in Huntingtown, Maryland zipcode is 20639 and his name is Sterling. He is a beautiful Dapple Grey. He is an english horse and he is really sweet. He absolutely loves to jump and I believe someone that is a jumper may be able to take him places. He is very willling and wants to please. I hope that by posting this we may be able to find him a home. She is asking $1500, but I know she will be willing to take less. I appreciate anything you can help with. Thanks
I just spoke to someone yesterday who is looking for an Arabian endurance prospect, so i passed this on, hopefully she'll call ASAP.

fallon3386

Thanks I really appreciate it. I am going to be away from the computer this afternoon, so if anyone wants more information you can email me at fallon3386@yahoo.com

Here is what I originally posted about him.
My friend has asked me to help her find a home for her arabian/cross. She is moving across the country at the end of this year and needs to find a new home for her horse urgently. He has an ad on dreamhorse in Huntingtown, Maryland zipcode is 20639 and his name is Sterling. He is a beautiful Dapple Grey. He is an english horse and he is really sweet. He absolutely loves to jump and I believe someone that is a jumper may be able to take him places. He is very willling and wants to please. I hope that by posting this we may be able to find him a home. He is a project, please keep that in mind, he needs some consistancy in his life.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OK...you added this

"He is a project, please keep that in mind, he needs some consistancy in his life."

What exactly does that mean? I could look for one of those emails that fly around with translations for those kinds of statements....like.....

"He is a project" = He bucks to kingdom come when asked to allow mounting

"he needs some consistancy in his life" = he's starved, wormy, pushy and mean at feeding time so you'd better be ON TIME. :lol:

Little help here please. I don't want to refer someone to a horse that's going to get her hurt!!

Last edited:

fallon3386

I'm sorry, it was just afterthoughts. He is not handled regularily and so I was just saying with regular attention he will be a better horse. He is an awesome horse to me, but he can be grouchy and I think that is because his handling is so sporatic. The only time he is handled is when he is going to be ridden doing ring work, which he hates. He was def. not a good match for his current owner, she wanted a dressage horse. He needs a strong rider, he is not crazy, but he tries to get away with things that maybe a bigger would let him do like going where he wants to go at the pace he wants to take. He is not a ring work horse, he likes to trail ride, he loves to jump, he just doesn't like going in circles. I am trying to think of anything else. If you have anymore questions I will be more than happy to answer.

fallon3386

I am sorry. I was just trying to help out a friend. There are lots of things going on now and we just need this horse to find a new home. Please don't worry about it though. This is horse is unique and he deserves a fresh start, but honestly, please don't worry about it.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Fallon sounds like he would be suitable for someone wanting to do competitive trail riding. Someone with more then the basics that can correct some of the things he has gotten away with. Not every horse is a machine and some skills are required. Even a quiet horse with a novice rider can pull something. Honesty about the horses issues is better then selling the horse & having it be to much horse for the rider. :howdy: Hope your friend find him a good home.

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1251666 - Sterling-Arabian cross

fallon3386

Thank you I appreciate it. You have pinned him on the nose. Although someone who likes to jump may enjoy him as well. Please just keep us in mind when you here of someone looking. Thanks