Archery anyone ?

knapper40

Im new on the forums here and wanted to see if there was any interest in forming an archery club. I live in Calvert and bowhunt as well as shoot 3-D, ariels and stump for fun as much as I can. Just looking for some like minded people to get together with for a litlle fun.

"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

M

Mousebaby

knapper40 said:
Im new on the forums here and wanted to see if there was any interest in forming an archery club. I live in Calvert and bowhunt as well as shoot 3-D, ariels and stump for fun as much as I can. Just looking for some like minded people to get together with for a litlle fun.

"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Hubby says you should contact this place, he thinks it's called Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland. Hope you have fun! :howdy:

Here is the website www.traditionalbowhuntersofmd.us

and he said that Eutaw Forest would be closest to you. He also suggested you check out www.stickbow.com this is a great website!

I have also purchased traditional archery stuff for him at a place called The Footed Shaft, the are an online store, not sure of the URL so you will have to Google it. They have blank wooden arrows, fletchings, points, accessories, quivers all kinds of stuff.

There is also a place called The Tree Stand in Hollywood on Joy Chapel Rd.

Hope these help!

~Mouse~

Last edited by a moderator:

knapper40

Dutch, I am open to suggestions. If a club could get started we could petition the local parks and recs for available space a small rider policy is all that is ussually necessary. The NFAA maybe able to help as well. I am hoping by getting a discussion going we can work out the details. Thanks for your interest.

Mousebaby, Thanks to you and your hubby :high5: I haunt the leatherwall, tradgang and alot of traditional sight and I know Kim. I shoot a Tom Parsons longbow, among others :) I build my arrows and strings and play with knapping arrow heads etc. I go by Superkodiak38 on alot of other sights.
Thanks for your post and if hubby wants to sling some cedar, or aluminum heck maybe even carbon...let me know...

M

Mousebaby

knapper40 said:
Dutch, I am open to suggestions. If a club could get started we could petition the local parks and recs for available space a small rider policy is all that is ussually necessary. The NFAA maybe able to help as well. I am hoping by getting a discussion going we can work out the details. Thanks for your interest.

Mousebaby, Thanks to you and your hubby :high5: I haunt the leatherwall, tradgang and alot of traditional sight and I know Kim. I shoot a Tom Parsons longbow, among others :) I build my arrows and strings and play with knapping arrow heads etc. I go by Superkodiak38 on alot of other sights.
Thanks for your post and if hubby wants to sling some cedar, or aluminum heck maybe even carbon...let me know...

I sure will, it must have put him in the mood to shoot, he's out back right now with my son shooting his bow! :lmao: He shoots some Longbow, Carbon, and Recurve. But has been more into shooting his skeet lately. When Sept. comes, I will be widowed once again! I know you know what that means! :lol:

Nickster

I just spoke with Tom Parsons yesterday. He's bringing his bows and other equipment to the Southern Maryland Hunting and Outdoor Expo. Traditional Bowhunters of MD will be there as well. Southern Maryland Archers has a nice course set up where they do alot of 3D shoots. Buckwildadventures.com also a great place to go for hunting forum, a lot of guys from calvert on that site, might want to try there?

knapper40

Thanks Nickster I'll check it out ..Tp is a good guy and very knowledgeable...he builds an awesome bow too....BTW don't bet against him, even though he has had to switch to lefty the 'ol boy is dangerous !!

Mousebaby, My 7 year old has been shooting with me since he was three and momma has a bow too..get out there and shoot your missing a great time !
ahhhh...September 15th hurry up and get here !!!....

M

Mousebaby

knapper40 said:
Thanks Nickster I'll check it out ..Tp is a good guy and very knowledgeable...he builds an awesome bow too....BTW don't bet against him, even though he has had to switch to lefty the 'ol boy is dangerous !!

Mousebaby, My 7 year old has been shooting with me since he was three and momma has a bow too..get out there and shoot your missing a great time !
ahhhh...September 15th hurry up and get here !!!....

He has a Zipper recurve and a Hummingbird Free Spirit Longbow, I was wrong about the Carbon, its a Compound, the name of the bow is Carbon Extreme! :doh: Goodnight, I'm outta here! :howdy:

W

WhoCares

I used to shoot 3-d competitively but since the nearest club is about 40 minutes away I have gotten out of it. I have a compound bow and shoot carbons.

knapper40

The distance is what is killing me, I dont want to drive an hour through traffic, Waldorf / Cheltenham to shoot. Hoping to find a group in southern Calvert or St. Mary's. I'm in St. Leonard.....

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I haven't shot in a few years but I use to bow hunt alot. I have a BowTech Mighty Mite and shoot carbons. I know there is a shooting/hunting club up in Harwood off of Rt.2 that has 3-D's.