Are all Kennedys idiots?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I swear they must have some inbreeding in them because the whole mess of them are just absolute morons.

RFKJr says:

Well, the science is clear. This month, a study published in the journal Nature by a renowned MIT climatologist linked the increasing prevalence of destructive hurricanes to human-induced global warming.

And James Glassman refutes him with this:

Katrina has nothing to do with global warming. Nothing. It has everything to do with the immense forces of nature that have been unleashed many, many times before and the inability of humans, even the most brilliant engineers, to tame these forces.

And includes a happy little link to the National Hurricane Center's statistics showing that, in fact, there is no increase in hurricanes, Cat 5 or otherwise. In fact, they've decreased - Kyoto Protocol be damned.

So :razz: to all you global warming nutties. Buncha Kennedys.

In fact, that's going to be my new insult from now on, since a few people take offense at terms like "idiot", "moron" and "retard".

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
I swear they must have some inbreeding in them because the whole mess of them are just absolute morons.

RFKJr says:

Well, the science is clear. This month, a study published in the journal Nature by a renowned MIT climatologist linked the increasing prevalence of destructive hurricanes to human-induced global warming.

And James Glassman refutes him with this:

Katrina has nothing to do with global warming. Nothing. It has everything to do with the immense forces of nature that have been unleashed many, many times before and the inability of humans, even the most brilliant engineers, to tame these forces.

And includes a happy little link to the National Hurricane Center's statistics showing that, in fact, there is no increase in hurricanes, Cat 5 or otherwise. In fact, they've decreased - Kyoto Protocol be damned.

So :razz: to all you global warming nutties. Buncha Kennedys.

In fact, that's going to be my new insult from now on, since a few people take offense at terms like "idiot", "moron" and "retard".
RFKjr just blamed the hurricane on Haley Barber. What a effing slug.

Bringing up a close second is the media darling Sheehan blaming it on Bush.

Pete

Repete
If I was Haley Barber I would lure Kennedy down to Mississippi with a fake fundraiser and punch him in the melon head, then pardon myself. :yay:

Hot N Bothered

Jr is being fed a line and took the worm.

I read an article earlier, (I'll see if I can find it) that was discussing the debate going on in other parts of the world about whether or not to provide foreign aid to the US. Of course, parts of the Middle East are saying that Katrina is divine retribution from Allah, but others are saying that the US deserved to get hit bad because of our excessive contribution to global warming that has caused the increase in hurricane intensity.

Jr heard the same thing and decided to get a sound bite out of it. A sure sign of political ambitions.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The dead ones seem to have equal intelligence for similarly situated persons. :biggrin:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
I can't believe I missed this when you first posted it....

vraiblonde said:
I had never heard of this James Glassman so I did a quick Google...

Seems he wrote a book back in 1999, in fact it was pretty popular:

DOW 36,000: The New Strategy for Profiting from the Coming Rise in the Stock Market
The key question for investors is, will it triple fast enough to make stocks an attractive investment? Here the authors fall into confusion, suggesting, in the space of seven pages, that it could happen in three years or 10 years.
Hmm, ok we are now six years past 1999 and the dow being at 36,000 in ten years feels even more unlikely than it did back then.

Do you honestly have any faith in a climate prediction he would make? His "strength" is economics!

vraiblonde said:
The fact that he even included this link is disturbing, I already covered this here.

The only thing that this chart is showing is the number of hurricanes that made landfall in the U.S. This neither proves or disproves any link to global warming.

So the evidence is mounting that something is going on with our Earth, there has been a recorded increase in the global earth temperature, you cannot dispute that. The main question is what is the cause? I believe that human caused carbon dioxide emissions are at least playing a role in this warming

Now as a larger question, why such a bitter attitude toward those who support enviromental responsibility? This is beyond a partisan issue, we have to come together and at least reduce the impact we are having, if we don't do it soon the price tag will only continue to grow.

SmallTown

Football season!
There was someone on the news a fews days ago talking about this. He said sure, global warming made the hurricane forces worse. Making the winds a whole 1-2mph faster than they would have been.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
truby20 said:
The main question is what is the cause? I believe that human caused carbon dioxide emissions are at least playing a role in this warming
The earth has been warming and cooling, changing and growing, since long before there even were humans. This is nature - man does not control it. We, as the inhabitants of the earth, will adapt to our environment's changes or we will die out. Just like every other animal on the planet

Why did dinosaurs become extinct? I can assure you it wasn't man's fault. But it might have been warming or cooling or some other change in their environment. Adapt or die - that is nature and there's nothing you can do about it.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Looks like you're out of K.A.

truby20 said:
I had never heard of this James Glassman so I did a quick Google...

Seems he wrote a book back in 1999, in fact it was pretty popular:

DOW 36,000: The New Strategy for Profiting from the Coming Rise in the Stock Market

Hmm, ok we are now six years past 1999 and the dow being at 36,000 in ten years feels even more unlikely than it did back then.

Do you honestly have any faith in a climate prediction he would make? His "strength" is economics!

The fact that he even included this link is disturbing, I already covered this here.

The only thing that this chart is showing is the number of hurricanes that made landfall in the U.S. This neither proves or disproves any link to global warming.

So the evidence is mounting that something is going on with our Earth, there has been a recorded increase in the global earth temperature, you cannot dispute that. The main question is what is the cause? I believe that human caused carbon dioxide emissions are at least playing a role in this warming

Now as a larger question, why such a bitter attitude toward those who support enviromental responsibility? This is beyond a partisan issue, we have to come together and at least reduce the impact we are having, if we don't do it soon the price tag will only continue to grow.

Have some more:

Attachments

• LIBLIME.jpg
    LIBLIME.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 50

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
The earth has been warming and cooling, changing and growing, since long before there even were humans. This is nature - man does not control it. We, as the inhabitants of the earth, will adapt to our environment's changes or we will die out. Just like every other animal on the planet

Why did dinosaurs become extinct? I can assure you it wasn't man's fault. But it might have been warming or cooling or some other change in their environment. Adapt or die - that is nature and there's nothing you can do about it.

I agree that the climate cycles. However, there are remarkeable events in history that have created drastic change, such as asteroid impacts and huge volcanos. I do not believe that humans are the causal factor behind the current warming trend, but isn't it possible we are a contributing factor?

We (Americans as a whole) have been unwilling to sacrifice in order to effect real change. We try things like a one day gas boycott, but is that a real sacrifice? Why are so many people willing to spend $50K on an H2?

This has been such a political issue, but doesn't our decreased reliance on oil span all political opinions? Our decreased usage would please greenies, isolationists, and everyone in between. If the mideast had less money, would there be a terrorist threat?

My point: Let's stop spending money on things like space exploration and oil drilling, and develop our alternative resources. Once we are not dependent on foreign oil, terrorists will no longer have the funds to be a threat.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pete said:
If I was Haley Barber I would lure Kennedy down to Mississippi with a fake fundraiser and punch him in the melon head, then pardon myself. :yay:
Ken King said:
The dead ones seem to have equal intelligence for similarly situated persons. :biggrin:
:lmao:

willie

Ken King said:
Teddy has more smarts than RFK or JFK??? I don't think so, the latter at least keeps their mouths shut.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
willie said:
Teddy has more smarts than RFK or JFK??? I don't think so, the latter at least keeps their mouths shut.
Teddy isn't dead now is he (well maybe braindead, but that doesn't count). Once he dies his intelligence will jump astonishingly to the level of all other dead people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
Teddy isn't dead now is he (well maybe braindead, but that doesn't count). Once he dies his intelligence will jump astonishingly to the level of all other dead people.
:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MMDad said:
If the mideast had less money, would there be a terrorist threat?
Logic tells me there would be a worse terrorist threat because then they'd have nothing to lose. The US can refuse to do oil business with them all we want, but there are still a whole host of countries that would, not to mention that the UN would figure out a way to funnel money to them.

Besides, I thought most of our oil came from Canada?