Are strawberries still in season locally?

NOTSMC

Trying to figure out if it's worth a trip to Loveville, or if I should just hit the grocery stores up. Thanks

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just be sure you dont' accidentally spell it "Barry Farm."

You DON'T want to go there for produce.

SamSpade

Without actually knowing the places, I know from experience that in Maryland, mid to late June is about the end of the season for strawberries.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Cant' do a pick your own unfortunately, but it does let me know they're still available. Thank you RR, there's a number of places I can look near Lovevlle.
They have prepicked. Call to make sure.

NOTSMC

They have prepicked. Call to make sure.
Thanks! I had to run into Target and cruised by the food section. They had Driscoll strawberries for less than $3.00. I've never had bad berries from Driscolls and the price was great so I saved a trip - got six baskets and blackberries as well. Tomorrow's National Strawberry Daqiuri Day!

NOTSMC

Without actually knowing the places, I know from experience that in Maryland, mid to late June is about the end of the season for strawberries.
I've read that too, but it seems like last year, I missed out completely, I was told slim pickings due to the rain. And we've had a helluva a lot of rain this year.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Mike Cox had them at the Farmer's Market in North Beach yesterday.

I would say the season is winding down, though. The weather caused a fair amount of early ripening. I got the last ones from my patch a week or ten days ago.