Are the democrats...

PsyOps

Pixelated
on the cutting edge of making history?

First female speaker of the House. Hillary (a woman) and Obama (African-American and young at that) in the front running for president (I know it's early). Could it be possible we could see the first woman or African-American president; and from the democrats?

Are the republicans lagging when it comes to candidates that push the cultural envelope?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PsyOps said:
Are the republicans lagging when it comes to candidates that push the cultural envelope?
To be fair, the Democrats *have* more women and blacks than the Republicans to choose from. If you look at the sheer numbers, Republicans actually are more diverse than Democrats.

SamSpade

PsyOps said:
on the cutting edge of making history?

First female speaker of the House. Hillary (a woman) and Obama (African-American and young at that) in the front running for president (I know it's early). Could it be possible we could see the first woman or African-American president; and from the democrats?

They will get CREDIT for it.

When Republicans do it, it's called tokenism.
When Democrats do it, it's making history.

PsyOps

Pixelated
vraiblonde said:
To be fair, the Democrats *have* more women and blacks than the Republicans to choose from. If you look at the sheer numbers, Republicans actually are more diverse than Democrats.
I was hoping someone would allude to the fact the Bush's administration is the most diverse in history (you never disappoint Vrai :high5: ). Predictably this gets overlooked by the press. But the press sure wastes no time exploiting the likes of Obama and Clinton. This was sort of my point in starting this thread, as well as Sam’s point about how the GOP is cast differently when they put minorities at the forefront of their party.

Pete

Repete
forestal said:
When you trick some out-of-state homeless guys into trying to fool the voters into thinking your Republican candidate is actually a Democrat, it shows why minorities are always right to distrust Republicans....

Republican leaders have defended the Election Day episode as an accepted element of bare-knuckle politics. But for many voters, it shattered in one day the nice-guy images Ehrlich and Steele had cultivated for years.
First of all they didn't "trick" any homeless people they paid them. The rest of the plan is pure genius :roflmao: