Are there camera's on the light's now?

K

Katie

I have noticed that there are camera's on the lights now. Is that true or are my eye's playing tricks on me?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Katie
I have noticed that there are camera's on the lights now. Is that true or are my eye's playing tricks on me?
Last month I was talking with a State Trooper, who I've come to know, about the possibility of the state or county putting cameras atop the traffic lights on RTE 4 and or RTE 235. Because I had seen what looks like them, too. He said they are just "devices" to monitor traffic, ie. congestion or accidents, said it helped them regulate the timing of yellow and red light durations. But I wonder - what would it take to alter or modify them for use as "speed monitors", or for catching "red light" runners? Anybody else heard anything?
penncam

K

Katie

They so happen to be at lights that people blow through all the time also. Like Pegg Road and 235 by Gate 1.

SmallTown

Football season!
I kinda doubt they have the cameras here. If they did, you would hear all kinds of people talking about how their civil rights are being violated

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by SmallTown
I kinda doubt they have the cameras here. If they did, you would hear all kinds of people talking about how their civil rights are being violated
I tend to agree with SmallTown, if you think about it. We would have heard something about it; one of the local papers - St Marys Today, or The Enterprise, someone's bound to have picked up a word. So, until we do, all we can do is wonder, do they or don't they? I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.
penncam

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SmallTown
If they weren't breaking the law by running the light, they wouldn't have anything to *itch about! Just my 2 cents....