Are we back to hoarding?

PeoplesElbow

Are we back to hoarding stuff? Was just at Walmart and the meat counter was decimated and I saw a woman with a whole bunch of hand sanitizer and cans of Lysol in her cart.

Please tell me the meat was a result of the back to back snows. It did look like there was plenty of toilet paper, last Saturday I couldn't find romaine lettuce.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are supply chain issues, despite what Dopey Joe says, and also because of the weather I'm sure. The Lysol lady is probably just some random CNN watcher.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Are we back to hoarding stuff? Was just at Walmart and the meat counter was decimated and I saw a woman with a whole bunch of hand sanitizer and cans of Lysol in her cart.

Please tell me the meat was a result of the back to back snows. It did look like there was plenty of toilet paper, last Saturday I couldn't find romaine lettuce.
There was a lettuce recall a couple weeks ago so that may be why there was none.

Blister

Well if you are in a pinch I guess romaine could sub for TP

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I need cat liner supplies so I ventured out today. PetSmart and PetCo were both out. So I headed to Target. They were out, too. But I did score a big pack of Charmin blue! They only had 3 left.

Reactions: BOP

TPD

the poor dad
Was just in We-Is. Only needed a few items. Dairy section was blown out - milk, OJ, and eggs were sparse, the only things I needed. I was able to get something, just not my usual brands or sizes. I attributed it to weather and day of the week.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The storms really upset truck deliveries, and there are still supply issues. Food store has been out of milk for days, just got some 1 gallon containers in but nothing else. Lots missing from shelves.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I need cat liner supplies so I ventured out today. PetSmart and PetCo were both out. So I headed to Target. They were out, too. But I did score a big pack of Charmin blue! They only had 3 left.

PF Wallymart had Charmin Blue stacked into rafters. I was up there to exchange something and couldn't help but notice the mountain of TP. I think they were 96 roll packs or something crazy.

TPD

the poor dad
PF Wallymart had Charmin Blue stacked into rafters. I was up there to exchange something and couldn't help but notice the mountain of TP. I think they were 96 roll packs or something crazy.
96 rolls? No wonder it was stacked to the ceiling - the ordinary Wal-Mart customer doesn't have room in their car for a package that big! You need a F250 to haul that home.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
96 rolls? No wonder it was stacked to the ceiling - the ordinary Wal-Mart customer doesn't have room in their car for a package that big! You need a F250 to haul that home.
I may be mistaken, but they were huge and towering over me. :jameo:

glhs837

Power with Control

This was Wally today about 2pm
Wife wanted a specific type of chicken. "There's no chicken" I told her. "Well, what other kinds are there? And I told her "No, there is NO chicken".

UglyBear

Shhh... :gossip:
I was planning to unload some of my hoard of TP, one roll at a time, through “Sneaker’s Store” on consignment.
If you help spread panic demand, I’ll cut you in on the profit.