Votes: 13 40.6%
  • All the time!

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Other (please expound).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...yes. My folks just gave me an electric carving knife which is something I will never, ever use. Somebody else is getting it and real soon.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
...yes. My folks just gave me an electric carving knife which is something I will never, ever use. Somebody else is getting it and real soon.

My Mother's family had one of those that got regifted every year. Lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Only if it's a really good gift that I just can't use for anything. If it's a suck gift, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself by giving it to someone else so I say my cat broke it when the gifter notices I'm not using it.

cashncarry

I wouldn't dream of it! Tacky, tacky, tacky. I however have received re-gifted gifts from a wedding. I was so embrassed for the re-gifter when I read the card still enclosed with happy wedding wishes from the original gifter. Wouldn't it just be better to say to someone, "Here. I don't want this. You can have it" rather than pass it off as an original gift that you spent time selecting, buying and wrapping? Re-gifting is in really poor taste.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...true re-gifting faux pas story;

One day, FB gave me a sweeeeet Romeo and Julietta seee gar. Well, it went in the box. On another day, about, oh a year or so later, it was FB and his lovely brides anniversary so, I needed a gift for him, like quick because I don't do 'think ahead', for putting up with her all those years...he didn't even hesitate..."Nice cigar. I gave you this last year, #######..."

:yikes:

:lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I got an electronic label maker at the office Christmas party.
The next night it was in the Chinese gift exchange at the riding club party :lol:

... and it got stolen so someone that a need for it wound up with it :yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I do when it's generic crap (like the Bath & Bodyworks "gift set" that you know someone bought for $20 on Christmas Eve because they didn't know what else to get you, and you have four other sets of the same damned lotion sitting under your bathroom cabinet where they have been since the person gave you the same thing last year...). I won't re-gift to someone important or close to me, but I used to take that sort of stuff in for the office Yankee Swap gift exchange, or put it into the pile for our adopted families.

K

Kain99

I've been stockpiling regifts for the past 5 years. Haven't used them yet. I always forget.

K

Kain99

How do you cut your holiday turkey if you don't use and electric knife?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
How do you cut your holiday turkey if you don't use and electric knife?

A sharp knife. Not one of those crappy saw blade serreated POS things but an actual knife sharpened on a steel.
People cut up and ate turkeys prior to electric knives :loL;

K

Kain99

A sharp knife. Not one of those crappy saw blade serreated POS things but an actual knife sharpened on a steel.
People cut up and ate turkeys prior to electric knives :loL;

True but I like my turkey nice and thin. Nothing worse than chunks of turkey on a plate.