Are your rights "inalienable"?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
In case you haven't heard :lol: FB and Twitter are both suspending accounts, deleting links and generally deciding to become publishers as opposed to the platforms they purport to be. Here we are 19 days away from a presidential election and the two major social media "platforms" are censoring/violating the 1st amendment (?) regarding the NY Post story released this week. Twitter says it doesn't allow hacked material to be published, what material was 'hacked'? Twitter as even gone as far to suspend a major verified account that merely mentioned the NY post article. Kayleigh McEnany's personal twitter account as well the @TeamTrump OFFICIAL account has been locked more than likely at the behest of the Biden campaign but under the guise of violations of the TOS. I don't recall an uproar from these surrogates when the illegally obtained tax info was released and spread on the platforms.

TL/DR
The Biden campaign are using surrogates to deny you your 1A rights.

And people said Trump was taking rights away? :rolleyes:

Hijinx

I really do not see the benefit for Twitter to censor their users.

The Biden people have proven over and over that nothing will make them not vote for Biden.
They hate Trump so bad they would put our country in the hands of a senile man and a woman with questionable morals.

Reactions: BOP

Grumpy

In case you haven't heard :lol: FB and Twitter are both suspending accounts, deleting links and generally deciding to become publishers as opposed to the platforms they purport to be. Here we are 19 days away from a presidential election and the two major social media "platforms" are censoring/violating the 1st amendment (?) regarding the NY Post story released this week. Twitter says it doesn't allow hacked material to be published, what material was 'hacked'? Twitter as even gone as far to suspend a major verified account that merely mentioned the NY post article. Kayleigh McEnany's personal twitter account as well the @TeamTrump OFFICIAL account has been locked more than likely at the behest of the Biden campaign but under the guise of violations of the TOS. I don't recall an uproar from these surrogates when the illegally obtained tax info was released and spread on the platforms.

TL/DR

^ good stuff

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

TL/DR

Well actually, it is only the government, and any of its agents, employees, etc., that can technically violate the 1st Amendment. What these the FANG, (Facebook, Amazon, Alphabet, Netflix, Google), groups are doing is going against the spirit of the Constitution. Not that I agree with them. The opposite. I think they should be sued out of existence and the CEO's hanged.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If I may ...

Well actually, it is only the government, and any of its agents, employees, etc., that can technically violate the 1st Amendment. What these the FANG, (Facebook, Amazon, Alphabet, Netflix, Google), groups are doing is going against the spirit of the Constitution. Not that I agree with them. The opposite. I think they should be sued out of existence and the CEO's hanged.
I posted that out of disgust yesterday and reflecting on it later in the day I realized the error of the post but not the sentiment. The TL/DR sums it up I think because I do feel that most media does indeed work as surrogates to help advance the agenda of liberalism. As we all know, the leftist idea of liberalism means less liberty and that definitely includes the freedom of speech. It is my preference to believe this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The venom, vitriol and, in some cases, vows to help Joe Biden across the finish line in next month’s presidential election continue to live online as the company earlier this week decided to censor The New York Post’s revelations about Hunter Biden’s emails to a consultant for the Ukrainian energy company Burisma.

“GET HIM OUT,” posted a senior site reliability engineer on Aug. 18. “What a f–king baboon.”

One manager with almost nine years on the job said he was quite keen to watch Biden “crush [Trump] in the election” and that he hoped the president would “be utterly humiliated while also suffering greatly from #COVID19.” In another post he fantasized about the president being put on a ventilator.

He calls Trump “a f–king idiot” and the voters who elected him — “hysterically f–king stupid people.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The venom, vitriol and, in some cases, vows to help Joe Biden across the finish line in next month’s presidential election continue to live online as the company earlier this week decided to censor The New York Post’s revelations about Hunter Biden’s emails to a consultant for the Ukrainian energy company Burisma.

“GET HIM OUT,” posted a senior site reliability engineer on Aug. 18. “What a f–king baboon.”

One manager with almost nine years on the job said he was quite keen to watch Biden “crush [Trump] in the election” and that he hoped the president would “be utterly humiliated while also suffering greatly from #COVID19.” In another post he fantasized about the president being put on a ventilator.

He calls Trump “a f–king idiot” and the voters who elected him — “hysterically f–king stupid people.”

Everyone who has spent even 5 seconds on Twitter sees it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Twitter Refuses To Unlock New York Post Account Until Outlet Deletes Hunter Biden Coverage Tweets

“Straight blocking of URLs was wrong, and we updated our policy and enforcement to fix. Our goal is to attempt to add context, and now we have [the] capabilities to do that,” Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey tweeted on Friday. Twitter’s Legal, Policy and Trust & Safety Lead, Vijaya Gadde, confirmed that the social media platform is making changes to its “hacked materials” policy to address “concerns that there could be many unintended consequences to journalists, whistleblowers, and others in ways that are contrary to Twitter’s purpose of serving the public conversation.”

But despite the change, Fox Business notes that the Post itself still does not have access to its own Twitter account and the outlet has been unable to use the social network since at least Wednesday. Twitter, Fox notes, has demanded the Post delete several tweets referencing early coverage of emails, obtained from what is alleged to be Hunter Biden’s abandoned laptop, reportedly showing financial dealings between the younger Biden and foreign countries involving or referencing his father, Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The allegations are, of course, controversial, and have yet to be confirmed. Neither Joe Biden nor Hunter Biden has addressed the issue beyond a single interaction with a CBS reporter Friday evening that turned into a confrontation.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Democrats Push for MORE Big Tech Censorship of 'Hate Speech' at Senate Hearing

Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisc.) said that the hearings had been convened on a “false narrative” and that tech companies need to take more action, not less, on the pressing issues of the day that Republicans and Democrats disagree on. Her examples included articles examining the effectiveness of masks. Baldwin suggested she wants all articles questioning universal masking removed from the internet. She also pointed out that the president tweeted something she disagreed with about COVID-19, including the very true statistic that 99% of people recover from it, and she was outraged that he hadn’t been silenced.

Senator Ed Markey (D-Mass.) said the “issue is they’re leaving too many posts up!” Markey openly advocated for the silencing of people who don’t agree with Democrats. Markey derided Twitter for not removing President Trump’s post that said, “When the looting starts, the shooting starts,” claiming that’s incitement to violence when it’s really just a policy matter half of us would like to implement. I don’t know anyone who thinks looters (who are in the act of committing violence) should not be stopped with lethal force if regular force doesn’t work.

Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) took the opportunity to remind everyone that she served in the U.S. military — as she does whenever there’s a microphone in front of her — before pushing for Big Tech to engage in more suppression of her political enemies. As a native Illinoisan, I find her pompous visage so disturbing that I am banning her from my articles from this moment forward. If you want to see what she said, google it.

SamSpade

Funny how not a single vulgarity, a single rant, a single threat against Trump is ever regarded as "hate speech".

And this is PRECISELY WHY we should never have allowed "hate speech" to be something in legislation - because eventually someone will use it to silence YOU.