Arenas not allowed in the Arena..

BuddyLee

Football addict
That pose the other night whereby he put up two fingers shooting off invisible guns was the last straw for David Stern.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That pose the other night whereby he put up two fingers shooting off invisible guns was the last straw for David Stern.

That was just STUPID..

I'm between a rock and a hardplace on this one.

I'm all for gun rights, BUT he shouldn't be above the law.. I know without a doubt that if it was me that brandished a firearm in DC I'd already be in jail awaiting trial.

I don't think it should be against the law in DC for me, a law abiding citizen, to own or carry a gun in DC, but if I did I know what would happen.

I'm drawing a blank on names, but an aide to the Congressman from VA got caught trying to enter the congressional building with a gun.. if my memory serves me correctly I don't think he was even charged. I'm positive he's not in jail. What do you think would happen if one of us did the same? Either it's illegal for everyone, or it's not.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm drawing a blank on names, but an aide to the Congressman from VA got caught trying to enter the congressional building with a gun.. if my memory serves me correctly I don't think he was even charged. I'm positive he's not in jail. What do you think would happen if one of us did the same? Either it's illegal for everyone, or it's not.

Oh, come on! What's the point of being rich and powerful if the riches and power can't be used? :tap:

Why does Gilbert the Misunderstand have to get into trouble simply because he wanted to protect his children from his unloaded guns???

BuddyLee

Football addict
That was just STUPID..

I'm between a rock and a hardplace on this one.

I'm all for gun rights, BUT he shouldn't be above the law.. I know without a doubt that if it was me that brandished a firearm in DC I'd already be in jail awaiting trial.

I don't think it should be against the law in DC for me, a law abiding citizen, to own or carry a gun in DC, but if I did I know what would happen.

Yeah, I'm with you. However, guns in most work places are no-no's. Most anyone would be fired on the spot.

Arena's is lucky it's just a suspension so far. I wouldn't be surprised if he acquired jail time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, I'm with you. However, guns in most work places are no-no's. Most anyone would be fired on the spot.

Arena's is lucky it's just a suspension so far. I wouldn't be surprised if he acquired jail time.

Well, part of the equation is he has a contract that is just horrible for the Bullets and they don't want him around no more no how. I suspect there is some sort of clause that they can now get rid of him comfortably.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh, come on! What's the point of being rich and powerful if the riches and power can't be used? :tap:

Why does Gilbert the Misunderstand have to get into trouble simply because he wanted to protect his children from his unloaded guns???

OOH, that's why his guns were in his locker in the Wizard's Arena?? They were too unsafe to be around his kids, but OK to be in the same room as the thugs that make up professional Basketball??

So much for the decorum and class of the Jordan, Johson, and Byrd days..

BuddyLee

Football addict
Well, part of the equation is he has a contract that is just horrible for the Bullets and they don't want him around no more no how. I suspect there is some sort of clause that they can now get rid of him comfortably.
Yep. It's a good thing the team sucked already.

If they should pay anyone that kind of money it's Antwaan Jamison. Dude brings it almost every night.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep. It's a good thing the team sucked already.

If they should pay anyone that kind of money it's Antwaan Jamison. Dude brings it almost every night.

Have they traded Butler yet? They didn't want to lose him and if they can get out of Gill maybe they keep Butler?