Arizona-Still-Struggling-with-Shipment-of-Foreign-Children /

Justme2

What is your opinion? Yes it is a long article. But just skim through it. I copied a paragraph from it i think it will surprise a few.

http://www.onenewspage.com/n/US/750...uggling-with-Shipment-of-Foreign-Children.htm

Nora Griselda Bercian Diaz, a mother from Guatemala who crossed into the U.S. illegally with her 6-year-old daughter, told local media outlet KRGV that the message being spread in her home country is, "Go to America with your child, you won't be turned away."

BernieP

Resident PIA

and businesses (GOP) need more cheap labor.

sarcasm aside, it does support the "theory" that the way in which our immigration laws are written and enforced has certainly led to a flood of illegal immigration.

First law I would change is the one that says, if you are born here you get automatic citizenship.
I think it should be, if your mother is a citizen and you are born here...
The second change would be to gut all the special provisions, loopholes, etc. that make it complex. One, universal, set of rules to immigrate and become a citizen regardless of race, ethnicity and coutry of origin.
Then enforce the rules.
While we argue over the "humanity" of our border policy, drug cartels and terrorists are using the flood of human traffic as a smoke screen.
And while it would seem harsh to say just send them back, this flood also brings with it the stench of tarfficing in humans. It's not just a matter controlling immigration, it's the fact that these are humans who are being exploited by trafficers, some into "legal" work, others into illegal activities.
Leaving the welcome mat out and the light on makes us complicit with the trafficers.

somdwatch

and businesses (GOP) need more cheap labor.

sarcasm aside, it does support the "theory" that the way in which our immigration laws are written and enforced has certainly led to a flood of illegal immigration.

First law I would change is the one that says, if you are born here you get automatic citizenship.
I think it should be, if your mother is a citizen and you are born here...
The second change would be to gut all the special provisions, loopholes, etc. that make it complex. One, universal, set of rules to immigrate and become a citizen regardless of race, ethnicity and coutry of origin.
Then enforce the rules.
While we argue over the "humanity" of our border policy, drug cartels and terrorists are using the flood of human traffic as a smoke screen.
And while it would seem harsh to say just send them back, this flood also brings with it the stench of tarfficing in humans. It's not just a matter controlling immigration, it's the fact that these are humans who are being exploited by trafficers, some into "legal" work, others into illegal activities.
Leaving the welcome mat out and the light on makes us complicit with the trafficers.

The trafficers know this, and also know it will overwhelm our agents, diverting the attention from stopping the drug traffic to the human traffic. Legalize the trafficing and our drug problem would cure itself with pure product.