Ark Encounter

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Has anyone been? Is it cool or is it creepy?

I thought the Mormon Temple in SLC would be amazing but it gave me the creeps big time. I felt like I'd landed in a cult temple and would never be seen again. Not to mention there's this monument to wealth and extreme excess....surrounded by homeless encampments. It was a bad look and even I - the original hard hearted Hannah - was embarrassed.

Is Ark Encounter like that or is it fun?

Hessian

No matter what....it should make you think...stretch out some per-conceived notions.
Many friends have visited...I just don't go west in my travels.

musiclady

We went and took the kids. We enjoyed it. Well built, had a wealth of Bible-based information. My older son would have spent days there reading all that they had. Some of it was fun. Whether you believe or not, it was still interesting and worth the visit.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Same can be said of those megalithic churches, such as the one run by Joel Osteen, and others similar.

Kinnakeet

Are you talking about the Ark that someone took over 3 years to build with modern day equipment and they expect us to believe Noah built his in what 3 days...I dont think so

black dog

Free America
We were invited to do the Mormon Tabernacle in Kensington just after it was built. It was pretty spectacular to see as a kid.
Never been to the Ark myself.
Lots of folks out here have gone, many more than once.
One of the guys I shoot with his son worked summers on the Arc from HS through College. They all speak well of it.

Hessian

Are you talking about the Ark that someone took over 3 years to build with modern day equipment and they expect us to believe Noah built his in what 3 days...I dont think so
I do not recall any reference to 3 days....I'd have to go back to Genesis, but I believe there was a reference to YEARS.

black dog

Free America
My friend said it was a year and a half to build Kentuckys Ark.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I'd rather see Evan Almightys Ark.

It floats and was full of animals.