Army - Navy game

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The Navy coach, coached his last game for the academy yesterday. Not sure if he quit or was fired. I'm leaning towards fired. 15 years running the show.

Monello

PREMO Member
1 of the navy lineman, no way is that kid within the military height/weight standards. That's the problem. Back in the 1940s, when the military academies were competitive, lineman weighed around 200 pounds. Now D1 schools have many 300 lb plus lineman. I don't care how strong they are, a 220 pound man won't be able to block a 300 # D1 caliber lineman all game long. So the service schools end up sucking. Navy plays Notre Dame every year and has won like 1 game in the last 40 years against them.

Monello

PREMO Member
The Navy coach, coached his last game for the academy yesterday. Not sure if he quit or was fired. I'm leaning towards fired. 15 years running the show.
The guy got fired minutes after losing a game in overtime. You think they would have waited until the next day or so.

Former Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo told ESPN on Monday he was sitting by himself at his locker following the Midshipmen's 20-17 double-overtime loss to rival Army in Philadelphia on Saturday when athletic director Chet Gladchuk walked in and fired him.

"First of all, we just got kicked in the gut," Niumatalolo said. "I was a little bit numb prior to him saying that, so most of it I couldn't comprehend. I'm just like, 'Chet, why don't you take some time to relax.' He said, 'Well, it's been building up.'"

thanks for nothing