Art Monk Autograph

SJSWING

Ok, Just received a phone call early today from the Fractured Prune in Lusby. I won a drawing they had for a signed Art Monk Wheaties box. I am a Skins fan and thought this was awesome for keeping. How can you tell the value of something like this? Along with the box of unopened Wheaties, is a ticket from the event that Art Monk signed it at. Who could I talk too to find out the value, or does anyone out there know?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ok, Just received a phone call early today from the Fractured Prune in Lusby. I won a drawing they had for a signed Art Monk Wheaties box. I am a Skins fan and thought this was awesome for keeping. How can you tell the value of something like this? Along with the box of unopened Wheaties, is a ticket from the event that Art Monk signed it at. Who could I talk too to find out the value, or does anyone out there know?

It's worth what somebody will pay you for it.

I have a lot of Redskin autographs from when I used to work at RFK. But it's a collector thing, I don't care what they're worth.

SJSWING

I have a lot of Redskin autographs from when I used to work at RFK. But it's a collector thing, I don't care what they're worth.

Oh I agree, this is the first piece of real memorabilia that I have received like this, other then a moss and cooley jersey. Just trying to figure out if I should build a case for it to be displayed in.(ok go ahead and laugh)

You want a good laugh? I have a baseball signed by Dave Butz. :lol:

I was about 11 or 12 and won the game ball at a Little League game. Dave Butz was doing an appearance for a sports shop in Waldorf and we went to see him. I stood there, staring into his knee caps and looked up to shake his hand. His hand engulfed mine, and with the other hand I handed him my game ball. He held it with the tips of his fingers and signed it laughing hysterically the entire time. He got down on one knee, handed it to me and said that was the first time he ever signed a baseball and he would never forget it. I would love to run into him one day and ask him if he ever remembers.

I have it upstairs in a baseball holder. :lol: One day, it will be passed down to the boy with my story for him to pass on. :yay:

Oh I agree, this is the first piece of real memorabilia that I have received like this, other then a moss and cooley jersey. Just trying to figure out if I should build a case for it to be displayed in.(ok go ahead and laugh)

No questions asked, I would. :yay:

OldHillcrestGuy

Art Monk was one of classiest players to ever play in the NFL. Never heard anything bad out of him, unlike other players at his position, T.O, Chad Johnson, Michael Irvin and Im sure there are others Im forgetting. He played the game never complained.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You want a good laugh? I have a baseball signed by Dave Butz. :lol:

I was about 11 or 12 and won the game ball at a Little League game. Dave Butz was doing an appearance for a sports shop in Waldorf and we went to see him. I stood there, staring into his knee caps and looked up to shake his hand. His hand engulfed mine, and with the other hand I handed him my game ball. He held it with the tips of his fingers and signed it laughing hysterically the entire time. He got down on one knee, handed it to me and said that was the first time he ever signed a baseball and he would never forget it. I would love to run into him one day and ask him if he ever remembers.

I have it upstairs in a baseball holder. :lol: One day, it will be passed down to the boy with my story for him to pass on. :yay:

Very cool story and I'll bet he remembers. Good ole' pumpkin head. :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated

I think I saw a box of Wheaties at Safeway going for about $3.50 on sale.

:nerd:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Art Monk was one of classiest players to ever play in the NFL. Never heard anything bad out of him, unlike other players at his position, T.O, Chad Johnson, Michael Irvin and Im sure there are others Im forgetting. He played the game never complained.
Had all the numbers too. He was Jerry Rice before Jerry Rice.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
:howdy: I have a cocktail napkin signed by OJ Simpson. It says "To :insertmynamehere:, Peace and Love, OJ Simpson."

I don't think I can get much for it these days. :lol:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Art Monk was one of classiest players to ever play in the NFL.
That's why he received that wicked long ovation at the Hall of Fame ceremony. There are many players whose memorabilia I would not worry about protecting, but I would go out of my way to protect something from Monk; he will always stand apart.

yankee44

Growing up where I did my home Leigon field was Double Day field in Cooperstown and I also worked at the Hall Of Fame my Jr and Sr year in
highschool.

You should see some of the stuff I have.

Boxes, Boxes and boxes of it.

Had all of it apraised ones and they valued the colection between 30-50 K.