arthritis in finger joints

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
My one knuckle has enlarged somewhat and is very painfull. Can a Dr. do anything to slow down this process. How about a cortizone shot in the knuckle...think that would help?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
My one knuckle has enlarged somewhat and is very painfull. Can a Dr. do anything to slow down this process. How about a cortizone shot in the knuckle...think that would help?
Wow. You're pretty young to have rheumatoid arthritis. There are a variety of treatments out there, work with a rheumatologist to find the best one for you. And good luck, I know your hands are always busy. :huggy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

I have that too..Go to the barn and get your DMSO and use it..:cartwheel

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Wow. You're pretty young to have rheumatoid arthritis. There are a variety of treatments out there, work with a rheumatologist to find the best one for you. And good luck, I know your hands are always busy. :huggy:
Is that what it is??? All I know is that arthritic fingers run in my family for the extreme older folk...But, YES I am too young for this Bre (thank you for saying that:buddies:)

I cant fit a ring on the finger anymore - Its on my RIGHT hand - and it has been hurting for about 6 months. I will look up a rheumatologist.

_MightyMouse_

_USMCScoutSwimmer_
I have rheumatoid arthritis stemming from my wonderful service in the USMC. I get what is called "swollen digits", which is basically your symptons; inflammation in either your finger or toe joints. I'd go to your doctor and see if he/she could prescribe you a NSAID (non steriod anti-inflammatory drug) for temporary relief and I'd begin to take glucosame chondroiton, which also works great for lubricating the joints.

devildog1978

I have rheumatoid arthritis stemming from my wonderful service in the USMC. I get what is called "swollen digits", which is basically your symptons; inflammation in either your finger or toe joints. I'd go to your doctor and see if he/she could prescribe you a NSAID (non steriod anti-inflammatory drug) for temporary relief and I'd begin to take glucosame chondroiton, which also works great for lubricating the joints.

I too have rheumatoid arthritis and I am pending medical discharge from the Marine Corps. Can you offer any advice as I go through this process? I have been taken tothe emergency room several times because of flare ups so bad they made me physically sick.

S

Sindy

I would ask your doctors to run a Lyme Disease test on you. Joint pain is one of the most common symptoms. If it is Lyme, any damage to your joints will remain for the most part.

It bothers me that we live in a "red" area for Lyme Disease, and the doctors don't test for it. And a bull's eye rash can be absent completley (or missed) in about 40% of the cases. Ask for the Elisa and Western Blot to be done. Both are pretty cheap.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've had degenerative arthritis since my late twenties. I think it's more hereditary than age specific.

H

HouseCat

for temporary relief and I'd begin to take glucosame chondroiton, which also works great for lubricating the joints.
Osteo-Bi-Flex supplements work absolute WONDERS if its Osteo-arthritis. I took it for my hips and I have no pain. Even made a believer out of my 73 year old father, who also has arthritis in the hip.

My husband has arthritis in his fingers too from being a mechanic and he takes it. The stuff does work, but it takes a few weeks.

I've had degenerative arthritis since my late twenties. I think it's more hereditary than age specific.
Very true. I was diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in my back and hips in my early 30s.

Plan B

Osteo-Bi-Flex supplements work absolute WONDERS if its Osteo-arthritis. I took it for my hips and I have no pain. Even made a believer out of my 73 year old father, who also has arthritis in the hip.

My husband has arthritis in his fingers too from being a mechanic and he takes it. The stuff does work, but it takes a few weeks.

Very true. I was diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in my back and hips in my early 30s.
over the counter wonder vitamin, or prescribed?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Depends on the type.

Rheumatoid arthritis I thought was a virus, and nothing anyone can do to start or stop it. Like the Army could not give me Rheumatoid arthritis from carrying a 100 Pound Ruck.. It's hereditary and nothing you can do..

Osteo - Arthritis can come about due to wear and tear, and something can cause it, and sometimes surgery can fixt it. I have Osteo in my neck and back, and know surgery is somewhere down the road for me, right now I just lay on the floor for a day or two when I get a flare up.

I may have them backwards, but I think I got it right.

foodcritic

In my late 30s and i had a bout of TMJ several years ago. Then it turned in to arthritis in my jaw. Everymorning I wake up my jaw has to "crack" and then it's fine for the rest of the day......

As I get older more problems.......:jet:

I have had inflammation if various joints currently in my foot for the last month. Food Dr gave me Anti Inflam which worked excellent for 2 weeks. Soon as i stopped the pain in foot came back.....