As Biden Prepares To Take Office, Democrat Leaders Are Suddenly Interested In Opening The Economy Again

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
One of my dad’s most common refrains, if ever he caught one of his children trying to deceive him, was “Don’t insult my intelligence.” It’s bad enough, he would say, for us to do whatever wrong thing we were trying to cover up, and it’s even worse that we chose to lie about it. But the final and perhaps worst indignity is that we would lie in such a blatant and obvious manner, insulting his intelligence by assuming that he would fall for the ruse.

As a parent myself now, I can relate to how he felt. My four-year-old son recently looked me straight in the eye, while holding a blue crayon and standing next to a blue scribble on the wall, and insisted that he did not cause the scribble and has no idea how it might have ended up there. But I can also relate as a citizen of this country. In this capacity, we are lied to all of the time, especially in recent months, and what makes the lies all the worse is how obvious, and thus insulting, they are.

For example, as we approach Joe Biden’s inauguration, suddenly we are beginning to see Democrat mayors and governors across the country — some of the biggest, most ardent proponents of lockdowns — now insist that we must begin to open up the economy as quickly as possible. They have switched course like this, with timing as convenient as this, and they apparently expect us not to notice.

herb749

Its a new day. Opening up the economy would have helped Trump, now they want it to help Biden. Once they start counting covid a different way those numbers will also drop.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Its a new day. Opening up the economy would have helped Trump, now they want it to help Biden. Once they start counting covid a different way those numbers will also drop.
If Trump had conceded in November, they would have reopened then. Because of the uncertainty of the election outcome, the PTB couldn't take any chances.

This week going forward, the only covid news will be positive. But the mention of the virus will go way down.

GregV814

I was walking down the halls of Kamala Harris University, (formerly known as Johns Hopkins) and in the George Floyd wing, I spoke with Doctors Jill Biden, Chief of Lobotomy Studies and Sistah Soldier, Racial Equality vice chair.
I was invited to view and have first hand of their Ocasio-Cortez "way back machine" with Student Dean Mr. Peabody and intern Sherman.
A contraption, much like a colander was placed on my head....

the rest of it is fuzzy.....does Leave it to Beaver and Ranger Hal still air on channel 5?