As CCP Coronavirus Lockdowns Expand, Small Businesses Shutter and the Left's Billionaires Get Richer

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fortune reported in April, less than a month after most of the lockdowns started:

The world’s richest person is getting richer, even in a pandemic, and perhaps because of it.

With consumers stuck at home, they’re relying on Jeff Bezos’s Amazon.com Inc. more than ever. The retailer’s stock climbed 5.3% to a record Tuesday, lifting the founder’s net worth to $138.5 billion.

The pandemic has brought the global economy to a near standstill and pushed almost 17 million Americans onto the unemployment rolls in the span of three weeks. JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Wells Fargo & Co. signaled Tuesday that loan losses fueled by the unprecedented job cuts—many of them in the retail sector that Amazon so efficiently disrupted—could rival those incurred after the 2008 financial crisis.
Yet Bezos and many of his wealthy peers in technology, private equity and elsewhere are doing just fine, helped by unprecedented stimulus efforts by governments and central bankers. While the combined net worth of the world’s 500 richest people has dropped $553 billion this year, it has surged 20% from its low on March 23, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

Hijinx

A rumor: Is it true or just a rumor that many employees of the California Walmart have the Corona Virus.?
If so why is it still open?

I heard it from a usually reliable source.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A rumor: Is it true or just a rumor that many employees of the California Walmart have the Corona Virus.?

That would be incredibly irresponsible if they had know infections and did nothing.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Knowing how the SMCHD loves their new found power, I can't imagine them allowing Walmart to stay open if they had a major outbreak. They'd at least close them a day or two for cleaning/sterilization.

Last edited:

Tech

Noticed the first global supply chain ad on TV for the first time in months.