As other governments cover sex reassignment, Anne Arundel County considers it elective

Salmon

Intolerance from a Republican County Executive.

As nearby counties and Baltimore City expand transgender health coverage, Anne Arundel County has no plans to follow suit and cover sex reassignment surgery for county employees.

Advocates for the surgery say it can reduce depression and risk of suicide in some transgender people. Others have argued for its coverage based on anti-discrimination practices.

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/government/ac-cn-sex-reassignment-0825-story.html

Salmon

You can pay for someone's sex reassignment any time you want. There are forums out there specifically for trans people to discuss life; go on one and offer it up. You could also start a crowdfund for this purpose.

You're welcome.
This was a recent story in a reputable newspaper. Therefore I thought it qualified as current events???

Salmon

I, for one, think ALL mental illness should be covered. :yay:

Educate yourself

Being transgender is no longer classified as a mental illness by the World Health Organization – a key sign of progress for an often-marginalized community.

WHO announced Monday that in its newly released edition of the International Classification of Diseases, gender incongruence will now be classified as a sexual health condition.

Gender incongruence is "characterized by a marked and persistent incongruence between an individual’s experienced gender and the assigned sex," according to the International Classification of Diseases (ICD).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-illness-world-health-organization/717758002/

Salmon

Oh YooHoo

I saw that. I guess he thinks the way to win that county is to appeal to intolerant right wingers. Maybe he should be reminded that Hillary Clinton WON Anne Arundel County. If he wants to be included in the #bluewave, then he better not piss off our base in the meantime.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ma’am, I took it as you were questioning why I brought it up in this forum as opposed to a LGBTQIAP one.

Um no. You indicated that you want to pay for someone's sex reassignment, and I was simply informing you on how you can do that.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

GregV814

When jim Fredericks is elected Sheriff of A A County he will fully embrace theL G B T Q (whatever) community and kiss all participants. His 15 years behind a desk allowed him to research their plight.

Hijinx

IMO Psychology is not a science it is merely an opinion made by people who have studied mental illness and think they know when someone is crazy.
Some of them appear to be as crazy as those they study.

Any educated idiot with a PHD who believes that a person who thinks changing their plumbing changes their sex is not mentally ill is crazy themselves.

It appears that they change their minds to suit whatever lunacy has become popular.
It also appears they will believe anything that puts money in their pockets.
Soothing the sick minds of these poor sick confused lunatics does just that.
Telling them they are not crazy is a very lucrative profession.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So if the science behind gender confusion isn't settled, who's to say which side is right and which is wrong?

It's sort of like the people who scream for acceptance, while denying the opposite opinion of others. If we have to accept opinion A, then shouldn't we be as equally acceptable to opinion B?

Salmon

So if the science behind gender confusion isn't settled, who's to say which side is right and which is wrong?

It's sort of like the people who scream for acceptance, while denying the opposite opinion of others. If we have to accept opinion A, then shouldn't we be as equally acceptable to opinion B?

Like climate change, this is settled science.