Assault on Gas Stoves

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Left's Creepy, Out-of-Nowhere Crusade Against Gas Stoves

Mr. Trumka, the son of the late union boss, followed-up by trying to assure Americans that the government wasn't planning to confiscate their existing kitchen equipment: “To be clear, CPSC isn’t coming for anyone’s gas stoves,” Trumka said. “Regulations apply to new products.” This corresponding quip was inevitable:

What is truly head-spinning is the rapidity with which lefties rallied around the new regulation, which is based on little-to-no actual science, calmly cooing that only future kitchen devices would be impacted by their latest capricious power-grab. It seemed to go from something nobody had ever heard of, to enforceable dogma, literally overnight. Exactly this:

This is another ideological project cooked up by bored elitists who wake up each morning with a zeal to control people's lives in new ways -- all for the ingrates' own good, of course. That it looks to be rooted in flimsy "science" and would make people's lives appreciably worse and more expensive is an afterthought. It's the cost of doing business to these people, when the 'business' is wielding authority over others. Business is booming. Perhaps Team Biden will back off of this intrusion for now (they're already back-pedaling), but even if they do, you can bet blue states run by left-wing scolds will take up this torch. Conservatives hate it, after all, and negative partisanship is one of the strongest driving forces in politics today. As highlighted above, AOC leapt instantly from total silence on this matter to passionate, if jaded, support. Good luck, New York. But my money would be on California, which most aggressively sprints for the cliff. Sure enough, here's a prominent Sacramento lawmaker (who famously and successfully pushed to lower state-imposed criminal penalties for knowingly exposing people to HIV without their knowledge or consent, which is no longer a felony, thanks to his 'leadership' for 'progress') rushing to embrace the latest Truth, at warp speed:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Great Gas(Stove)lighting

It's not happening, and these weird Republicans are 'thrusting' a made-up culture war, and here's why regulators suggested doing the made-up thing, and it actually may be important for public health to do the made-up, thrusted culture war thing. Got it? Nate Hochman's thread demonstrates how progressives are trying to pretend conservatives are crazy paranoiacs for noticing and objecting to something quite a few progressives have proposed and endorsed. Out loud:

The 'culture war' memo clearly went out -- based on this wild framing that conservatives are somehow the aggressors here. And yet, here's a new piece in the New York Times just today:

glhs837

Power with Control
I like him the last one when this guy who probably lives in a nice apartment in New York City paints gas ranges as for elite foodie snobs. I would love to have a list of the restaurants he eats at.

herb749

I like him the last one when this guy who probably lives in a nice apartment in New York City paints gas ranges as for elite foodie snobs. I would love to have a list of the restaurants he eats at.

When does the list start, These Restaurants Use Gas Stoves . Do not support them .

Reactions: BOP

herb749

The Great Gas(Stove)lighting

It's not happening, and these weird Republicans are 'thrusting' a made-up culture war, and here's why regulators suggested doing the made-up thing, and it actually may be important for public health to do the made-up, thrusted culture war thing. Got it? Nate Hochman's thread demonstrates how progressives are trying to pretend conservatives are crazy paranoiacs for noticing and objecting to something quite a few progressives have proposed and endorsed. Out loud:

The 'culture war' memo clearly went out -- based on this wild framing that conservatives are somehow the aggressors here. And yet, here's a new piece in the New York Times just today:

Just another ploy to get people talking about it to see how many will switch to electric.

Hijinx

When I look at the flame on my gas stove I know how much heat is there I don't have to guess what number to put it on. When I turn it on it is there immediately I don't have to wait for it to heat up When I turn it off it goes off, I can leave the pan sitting there , I don't have to wait for it to cool. If the electricity goes off I can use it for heat in an emergency and if the electricity goes off I can still cook my food. A gas stove never actually wears out. You may get tired of looking at it and want a new one, but when you get that new one the old one was still working.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Yup. :cra-cra:

The 'pollutants' she's so concerned about that make her wear a mask, are just like the virus: particles far smaller than the mask can filter. If you can smell it thru the mask, the mask is ineffective.

Besides the fact that her panicking is comical.

SamSpade

Is there ACTUAL data supporting the idea that gas stoves contribute to climate change?

Or is the whole thing just some imagined stunt like banning big gulps?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Is there ACTUAL data supporting the idea that gas stoves contribute to climate change?

Or is the whole thing just some imagined stunt like banning big gulps?
The big argument isn't climate change, although that's a part of it... the biggest argument is that the 'fumes' from gas cooking are detrimental to your health, especially young ones, and using THAT as ammunition to ban them in the name of climate change.

BOP

I know they've been working on this for a while, but the timing of all of it is...purely coincidental, and has nothing at all to do with the hair-pulling, shin-kicking contest within the demonrat party over control, OR the fact that the POTUS has been found to have unsecured, classified documents at the secret or above level from back when he should NOT have had access to them, period.

In the "Demonrats Always Accuse the Right of the Crimes They Themselves are Guilty of Committing" files, it certainly sheds new light on the whole kerfluffle regarding classified documents and former POTUS, Donald J. Trump.

herb749

Years ago people had gas lights. People have had gas stoves for decades. nobody is dying from having gas stove in their home unless they turned it on without lighting it and stuck their head in it.

Maybe people have been watching old movies & TV shows where people would comically stick their head in an oven. Then believing suicide rates will soar . :rolleyes: