At the risk of entertaining our resident Cop haters...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
FOP vice president slams 'disgusting' video of hecklers taunting police at scene of officer's death

Sacramento police officers were heckled by members of the community while investigating the scene where rookie officer Tara O'Sullivan was killed last week, and the vice president of the National Fraternal Order of Police said Monday that interactions like that are all too common these days.

Regardless of scrutiny and danger they may face from communities, McDonald continued, police officers will continue to suit up and attempt to make the world a safer place.

... Until they get fed up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
... Until they get fed up.

Well there's that.

It's going to be harder and harder to get good cops because who would want that crap job? Especially in the cities, where they're most needed. All they're going to get are corrupt dirtbags looking to get their palm greased or low skilled/educated types who can't find other employment. It's disgusting the way we allow our police officers to be treated in this country.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
All they're going to get are corrupt dirtbags looking to get their palm greased or low skilled/educated types who can't find other employment.

Or like DC Metro did a couple decades back and end up with cops with criminal histories. That was a wonderful experiment on their part.

#die-vercity

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well there's that.

It's going to be harder and harder to get good cops because who would want that crap job? Especially in the cities, where they're most needed. All they're going to get are corrupt dirtbags looking to get their palm greased or low skilled/educated types who can't find other employment. It's disgusting the way we allow our police officers to be treated in this country.
Like the one that shot down that Aussie woman.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The police should stand down in all the ghettos like they do in Chicago and Baltimore.....no sense getting killed over people trying to kill each other.
Let the thugs be thugs

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The police should stand down in all the ghettos like they do in Chicago and Baltimore.....no sense getting killed over people trying to kill each other.
Let the thugs be thugs
Didn't Baltimore already do that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let the thugs be thugs

Mayors of those cities care WAY more about getting the "black vote" than they do about the safety of our police officers. And that's because they are almost universally Democrats who couldn't get elected on ideas and solutions.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I'm not a cop hater, but I can be critical. As mentioned in another thread, cops are human, you get some good, some not so good.
They have a tough job. It's not the individual that is always the problem, leadership, both within the department and local politicians set the climate.
I also tend to like my rights as stated in the Constitution, I don't like to see them eroded by administrative actions - such as forcing you to sign them away to get a driver's license.

So....

People are disgusting and have no respect for anyone who doesn't fit in their smug little world.
There is no indication she was a bad person, just because you have a problem with the local police department doesn't make it right.
It would be like celebrating if Nancy Pelosi croaked, you can disagree with her politics, but she's still a wife and a mother as well as someone's child.
Show some respect for the living.

black dog

Free America
Well there's that.

I will say that starting in Indianapolis a few months Indy Metro Police rookies were given a raise to 50 grand plus overtime for the first two years.
At the end of their second year that raise goes to 70 grand plus overtime. Pretty good gig for someone with no felonies and a HS diploma.

BOP

Well there's that.

I predicted a long time ago that policing would eventually go the way of prisons: private contractors. I think we're getting closer to that all the time, though it didn't come about as soon as I thought it would.