Atlanta Mayor Lance Bottoms Signs Executive Order Circumventing GA Election Laws

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“The voting restrictions of SB 202 will disproportionately impact Atlanta residents—particularly in communities of color and other minority groups,” Bottoms said in a statement. “This Administrative Order is designed to do what those in the majority of the state legislature did not—expand access to our right to vote.”

“… I am hereby directing the Chief Equity Officer to consult with the Department of Law and develop a plan of action to mitigate the impact on City of Atlanta residents of the voting restrictions imposed by Senate Bill 202,” the executive order states.

Lance Bottom’s executive order instructs the city’s non-emergency services department – ATL311 – to work with the mayor’s Office of Constituent Services to:

• Train staffers on voter registration related to early, absentee and in-person voting.
  • Inform residents about how to obtain a valid form of identification for absentee voting.
  • Place QR codes with links to voter registration and absentee voting information on official mailings, like water bills.
  • Develop public service announcements that adequately articulate the new voting deadlines, timelines and requirements.

limblips

PREMO Member
“The voting restrictions of SB 202 will disproportionately impact Atlanta residents—particularly in communities of color and other minority groups,” Bottoms said in a statement. “This Administrative Order is designed to do what those in the majority of the state legislature did not—expand access to our right to vote.”

• Train staffers on voter registration related to early, absentee and in-person voting.
  • Inform residents about how to obtain a valid form of identification for absentee voting.
  • Place QR codes with links to voter registration and absentee voting information on official mailings, like water bills.
  • Develop public service announcements that adequately articulate the new voting deadlines, timelines and requirements.

So let me get this right. Her constituents who don't know how to get an ID are supposed to be knowledgeable on how to use QR codes?

Hijinx

The whole story is wrong. Mayor Bottoms of the Barrel doesn't give a good hot turd about white voters. She already knows they are smart enough to get an ID and she also know they probably won't vote for her.
She is merely trying to be sure that all of Atlanta's Knee grows can vote to keep the Dems in office in Atlanta.
In fact she wants them to be allowed to vote several time to assure that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The whole story is wrong. Mayor Bottoms of the Barrel doesn't give a good hot turd about white voters. She already knows they are smart enough to get an ID and she also know they probably won't vote for her.
She is merely trying to be sure that all of Atlanta's Knee grows can vote to keep the Dems in office in Atlanta.
In fact she wants them to be allowed to vote several time to assure that.

You say the dumbest things. I'll bet you at least 90% of the black people in Atlanta have a driver's license.

Hijinx

You say the dumbest things. I'll bet you at least 90% of the black people in Atlanta have a driver's license.
Oh I would agree with you. So here we have a woman who is so worried about the 10% that she believes it is prudent to fight the State legislature and I am the one saying the dumbest thing. Yep it's me I am the dummy.