Atlantic Broadband issues?

MiddleGround

Friend of a friend said that they have had ongoing issues with ABB. Intermittent outages (especially in the evenings) for hours at a time. Call customer service and wait on hold for up to 2 hours with no answer. When they do answer the phone, they always blame the equipment (they have their own modem and router) yet, after the outage, the system will work fine for a few weeks until the next outage. Apparently, that is a common occurance around here according to social media. Lots of complaints.

Agee

Did you just call @Airgasm OLD? :lmao:

But I agree many people, especially older ones, still prefer to do billing and payments through the mail via printed statements and checks. Not me - everything I do is online. I cannot remember the last time I wrote a check. I have only one check for my bank account and it is in my wallet just in case of emergency. :lol:

My first year with ABB is almost up and can't remember if the $99.99/month deal lasted for one or two years. But the fees have definitely crept in. All told, that $99.99 special now costs me $125+ a month. :faint:

As far as connection issues, not many in my neck of the woods. Annoyances when it goes down but doesn't last long as far as I know. 🤷
Yeah maybe I'm getting up there, but the bill print was no larger than or easier to read than the last bill... 🧐

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Atlantic Broadband just billed me $1.00 for a paper statement.......WTF?

Guess you missed this post earlier in the thread:

Latest Bill for Atlantic BB, besides the Local TV surcharge ($11.00) and Sports surcharge ($4.00), they now added a "Paper Statement Charge" of $1.00. Do they sit around and dream-up new charges they can impose...

It costs a lot of money to print and mail statements, so I see more and more companies turning to fees as incentive for customers to go to paperless billing. Banks especially seem to like this. Sign o' the times.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My first year with ABB is almost up and can't remember if the $99.99/month deal lasted for one or two years. But the fees have definitely crept in. All told, that $99.99 special now costs me $125+ a month. :faint:

Just got my latest bill and my monthly rate has gone up $20/month. According to their terms, that is the maximum it will go up per month yearly. So next year it will go up another $20 a month, etc., until it reaches the current cost of service per month.

As far as connection issues, not many in my neck of the woods. Annoyances when it goes down but doesn't last long as far as I know. 🤷

I spoke too soon. Lots of crappy reception the last week or so. Pictures on most channels broken and some freezing completely of others. :ohwell: