Atlantic Broadband modem reboots

sparkyaclown

My modem reboots itself pretty much everyday around 9-10am. Anyone else having this issue? While I have no proof, the fact that it seems to be consistently around the same time each morning, I suspect Atlantic Broadband is sending some kind of signal to reboot it. I haven't bothered calling their tech support as it would be fine by the time I actually got to talk to someone. The logs on the modem are worthless because they appear to not persist through the reboot or the log file size is so small the events cycle out before you could possibly log into it. It comes right back up if I just leave it but It will normally continue rebooting randomly throughout the day every so often unless I yank the power and hard reboot it. If I do that when it reboots the first time then I generally do not see another issue with it the entire day. It was happening before this whole Corona virus thing on the days I worked from home so pretty sure it's not just the extra load. It's really becoming an issue now that the whole family is working from home though.

sparkyaclown

I have the phone through them also which at least back in the Metrocast days required you rent their modem. Before I had the phone through them I did have my own equipment.

terbear1225

would love any recommendations of how to get the most out of our Atlantic BB wifi. As sparky mentioned, we have phone through them too so options for buying our own equipment are limited unless we want to drop the money on separate modem and routers. Given current situation, I might be willing to go that route but not sure where to start