Atlantic Broadband remote issue w/TCL Roku TV

brookswashere

I was having trouble getting my Atlantic Broadband remote to control the On/Off &Volume of our new TCL TV. The instructions were easy to follow, but they just didn't work. Not surprisingly, my call to the ABB tech support was worthless. The ended up telling me that it wasn't possible if it didn't work with the code they listed for TCL.

That's when my good friends Google and the internet came to the rescue. I found the instructions below for Mediacom, but they worked perfectly for ABB as well. Also, I believe they will work for other TV types as well since it basically searches for a good code/frequency. These instructions helped me, so I'm passion along in the hopes that they will help somebody else. Thanks Marty T!

Hello all,
I just purchased a new TCL/ROKU TV and had a major issue trying to get the Mediacom Tivo remote to control the TV. But it is now working 100%.
First think most try is in the remote setup in the Tivo setting. You will find only one choice of 1246 listed and it won't work on these newer TVs.
Here is the first thing you need to do:
  1. Hold down the TiVo and TV Power buttons simultaneously until the red (or amber) light on the remote control remains on.
  2. Enter code 0999.
  3. After you enter the code, the red (or amber) light will flash three times and then remain on.
  4. Press Channel Up once every two seconds. This will test hundreds of codes, one by one. Do not go any faster than this or you may skip over a code that works.
  5. Once the TV turns off Press the ENTER key on the Tivo remote.
Now you should have the Tivo remote working your new TCL TV On/Off, Volume, and Channel up/down
WE ARE NOT DONE YET. You will find when you power on the TV you will end up at the main ROKU menu and won't be able to get out of it with the Mediacom Tivo remote. Now use the TCL ROKU remote and go into System-Settings-System again-Power-Power ON and change it from Home screen to Cable TV!
You are now DONE!
Now when you use your Mediacom Tivo remote to power on your new TCL TV it will go directly to cable TV and everything will work!
If you want to use Smart TV ROKU features just grab you Roku remote.
Hope this helps everyone with the newest beautiful TCL Smart TVs and Mediacom Tivo Customers.