Atlantic Broadband

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Thanks for the information. Sounds like the router upgrade is the way to go but I like your approach. Give it a shot and then upgrade if needed.

We don't have FIOS here. The story we were given for years is that we don't have enough houses on our road. My kids both have FIOS and it seems to work for them but they're in Howard and Montgomery Counties. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because after all of these years, it would be nice to get that high-speed connectivity. We shall see.
Speaking of FIOS ... Found out a couple a weeks ago that there is actually FIOS in Calvert County, been here for years. Yup, sure is. The line goes all the way to Solomons Island. And the only entities connected to it? Government, University of Maryland in Solomons, etc. Not one private or commercial customer. And all the talk of needing competition, yet all we hear is about extending Comcast service to unserved areas from the commissioners. All BS. I wonder who had the plugged pulled to stop Verizon from running lines to homes and keep them from competing with Comcast?

DaSDGuy

Besides sucky ABB cable and extra sucky Verizon DSL???
Starlink, but it has been postponed to late 2022 or early 2023 because of the silicon chip shortages. Unlimited data plan for $99 per month, plus purchase of the initial hardware which was $499.00 for the beta test kits.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Starlink, but it has been postponed to late 2022 or early 2023 because of the silicon chip shortages. Unlimited data plan for $99 per month, plus purchase of the initial hardware which was $499.00 for the beta test kits.
My email said mid-2022 for this area, not confident they will hold to that. Delays can also be attributed to Space-X rocket engine shortages which impact the deployment of new satellites.

rio

ABB sucks, but we don't have the Verizon option where I live and Verizon customer service for phone issues in the past made it so I won't ever use them for anything ever again. So, ABB it is.

wittykitty

First, I will get to the point and say this. Their routers are not the best equipment, and that has been the source of my biggest problem over the years. I recommend asking the fine folks at Best Buy what you should use, and buy it. It will save you SO much aggravation.

I’ve recently had new service installed to my most recent home, and it’s been a long road. There’s only so much that can be understood and/or visualized on the phone, and a technician had to come out to “check serviceability”. It has taken a few tries, but I have an unusual circumstance.

If you call to speak to a representative, be prepared to wait, but I try to put in earbuds and use that time to get chores done. I have experienced “dropped calls” on occasion when it was finally my turn to get a representative on the line after having been on hold for 30-60 minutes, and I have had to call ABB at least 15 times in the past month. On each phone call, I have had to patiently explain my situation/needs to each representative, and give them time to understand. Each person has appreciated that I helped them to help me, and it ultimately yields better results.

Other than the long wait on the phone, the customer service is usually helpful and ABB has done a decent job of offering an appointment within a day or two, and getting a technician to my home in a timely manner.

Unfortunately, my service still isn’t useable, and it’s because I haven’t had time this week to dedicate to a 45 minute phone call to give them my new router information (model and serial number), before I can install it and hopefully FINALLY have service! ABB has to input the router into their system, or ABB servers will not recognize it and it won’t work. That’s confusing to me.

PeoplesElbow

First, I will get to the point and say this. Their routers are not the best equipment, and that has been the source of my biggest problem over the years. I recommend asking the fine folks at Best Buy what you should use, and buy it. It will save you SO much aggravation.

I’ve recently had new service installed to my most recent home, and it’s been a long road. There’s only so much that can be understood and/or visualized on the phone, and a technician had to come out to “check serviceability”. It has taken a few tries, but I have an unusual circumstance.

If you call to speak to a representative, be prepared to wait, but I try to put in earbuds and use that time to get chores done. I have experienced “dropped calls” on occasion when it was finally my turn to get a representative on the line after having been on hold for 30-60 minutes, and I have had to call ABB at least 15 times in the past month. On each phone call, I have had to patiently explain my situation/needs to each representative, and give them time to understand. Each person has appreciated that I helped them to help me, and it ultimately yields better results.

Other than the long wait on the phone, the customer service is usually helpful and ABB has done a decent job of offering an appointment within a day or two, and getting a technician to my home in a timely manner.

Unfortunately, my service still isn’t useable, and it’s because I haven’t had time this week to dedicate to a 45 minute phone call to give them my new router information (model and serial number), before I can install it and hopefully FINALLY have service! ABB has to input the router into their system, or ABB servers will not recognize it and it won’t work. That’s confusing to me.
When I installed a new router the call was less than 5 minutes.

PeoplesElbow

They rewired for me too.

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

Speaking of FIOS ... Found out a couple a weeks ago that there is actually FIOS in Calvert County, been here for years. Yup, sure is. The line goes all the way to Solomons Island. And the only entities connected to it? Government, University of Maryland in Solomons, etc. Not one private or commercial customer. And all the talk of needing competition, yet all we hear is about extending Comcast service to unserved areas from the commissioners. All BS. I wonder who had the plugged pulled to stop Verizon from running lines to homes and keep them from competing with Comcast?
Same thing in SMC - fiberoptic cable goes all the way to Ridge, only the schools are connected to it as far as I know. Probably been there 5 years or more.