Attempted Purse Snatching at Target

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Saw this on facebook this morning and wanted to share .... I know a good number of us love Target. Just be alert - the jackasses are out and trying to snatch purses already:

Please be very careful when you are shopping at Target in California, MD. Today, while I was going to the parking lot with the kids in the cart & loading the car, a man tried to get my purse out of the cart as I loaded Samantha in the car. Crazy, I know because I was rushing to get the kids in the car & load groceries so I was distracted. After he walked passed me, he looped around & went close to our cart until I caught his eye.There were 5 people in a white Dodge Caravan parked & watching people come out of the Target. I reported it to the St Mary's Police & filed a complaint. I just wanted to make everyone aware to be safe.

Please note this did not happen to me ... it's a friend of a friend.

glhs837

Power with Control
Saw this on facebook this morning and wanted to share .... I know a good number of us love Target. Just be alert - the jackasses are out and trying to snatch purses already:

Please be very careful when you are shopping at Target in California, MD. Today, while I was going to the parking lot with the kids in the cart & loading the car, a man tried to get my purse out of the cart as I loaded Samantha in the car. Crazy, I know because I was rushing to get the kids in the car & load groceries so I was distracted. After he walked passed me, he looped around & went close to our cart until I caught his eye.There were 5 people in a white Dodge Caravan parked & watching people come out of the Target. I reported it to the St Mary's Police & filed a complaint. I just wanted to make everyone aware to be safe.

Please note this did not happen to me ... it's a friend of a friend.

Never hurts to be vigilant, but unless he made a grab, hard to say just because he turned around that he was actually trying to take the purse.

GregV814

well, it wont belong before the refugees will start the "Knockout Game" here in So. Md. The savages and the wannabees.......

Dakota

~~~~~~~
They had 2 incidents at the Waldorf mall parking lot last week or the week before... snatched them right off shoulders.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Why bother when the victim has already shopped, spent their money and this time of year probably maxed out the cards too? Dense runs thick around here..*sigh*

Snatching my purse would only lead to yet another disappointment in said criminals life. Lint covered mints and zip-lock with q-tips, antiseptic wipes and band-aids is the main treasure I carry. A prepay phone and maybe if lucky tons of coupons worth a fortune.

I can see it now, one for the books. "Purse Snatcher Sues Victim for Breach of Promise and False Advertising"....inviting purse that showed great promise, was a dud.

:coffee:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Why bother when the victim has already shopped, spent their money and this time of year probably maxed out the cards too? Dense runs thick around here..*sigh*

Snatching my purse would only lead to yet another disappointment in said criminals life. Lint covered mints and zip-lock with q-tips, antiseptic wipes and band-aids is the main treasure I carry. A prepay phone and maybe if lucky tons of coupons worth a fortune.

I can see it now, one for the books. "Purse Snatcher Sues Victim for Breach of Promise and False Advertising"....inviting purse that showed great promise, was a dud.

:coffee:

What would be fun is to have decoys carrying around purses with dye packs that blow up in their faces upon opening.

"A Communty Fights Back..."

Hank

my war
What would be fun is to have decoys carrying around purses with dye packs that blow up in their faces upon opening.

Nah. Remote controlled exploding device. Just blow the ####ers up, screw the dye pack! :patriot:

CaneCorso

I was thinking more along Charles Bronson in Death Wish when he walked around the neighborhood showing off his camera waiting for one of the punks to steal it off his shoulder

Attachments

• images[4].jpg
    images[4].jpg
    8 KB · Views: 67

CaneCorso

who would want to retaliate and be labled a racist for life? ala Zimmerman?

I'd rather be labeled a racist than a victim of course I'd go to prison which opens up a new can of worms.

Maybe I'll just dress up as an old woman...

Attachments

• MV5BMTg3MTI0ODg1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM0OTQyNA@@._V1._SX640_SY360_[1].jpg
    MV5BMTg3MTI0ODg1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDM0OTQyNA@@._V1._SX640_SY360_[1].jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 75

frequentflier

happy to be living
Normally when I go into a store of any kind, I tuck my debit card into my pants or jacket pocket. If I walk away from my buggy, there is no purse left behind. When I go outside to load my purchases into my vehicle, there is no purse on my shoulder or in the buggy. My purse is locked in my car; out of view from the public.
Works for me!