Attention Navy

C

czygvtwkr

Quit naming everything Next Generation because by the time the next generation equipment does roll around you got all this old stuff called next generation, are you going to rename it last generation?

That and calling everything next generation causes a lot of confusion of which widget you are talking about that is named next generation.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's why I like "concurrent spiral development" with "technology insertion" buzzwords better.

:coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It seems like they name everything new "NextGen" these days.

FAA started it with their new NexGen system.. which is good for them. They only update their technology every 50 years or so, it will work for them..

You know how hard it is to find a 1200 baud modem so you can communicate with the FAA's auto system?

Last edited:

BOP

Quit naming everything Next Generation because by the time the next generation equipment does roll around you got all this old stuff called next generation, are you going to rename it last generation?

That and calling everything next generation causes a lot of confusion of which widget you are talking about that is named next generation.

Because calling stuff "so old by the time we implement it in the Fleet that it's beyond obsolete" sounds like piss-poor planning, and most of us are around long enough to get blamed for that, even if we were interns when the concept had its inception.

edinsomd

Because calling stuff "so old by the time we implement it in the Fleet that it's beyond obsolete" sounds like piss-poor planning, and most of us are around long enough to get blamed for that, even if we were interns when the concept had its inception.

Then it's called "Old School" and revered for how well it worked, unlike this new "Next Gen" crap that no one knows how to use, 'cause the Program Office never budgets for training.

Or so I've been told....:whistle: