Governor August 2, 2019

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member

Header

Dear Friend,​

This July, I had the opportunity to enjoy all Maryland has to offer, from celebrating Independence Day at parades across the state to trying delicious, locally grown food at our annual Buy Local Cookout and attending the Tawes Crab & Clam Bake in Crisfield.

I was also elected chairman of the National Governors Association, the boldly bipartisan voice of the nation’s governors. During my first address as chairman, I announced my yearlong initiative that will improve the nation’s aging infrastructure by developing common sense solutions with the help of leaders from academia, government, and the private sector. Thanks to your support, I was also honored to once again be ranked among the nation’s most popular governors.

Throughout the month, we continued to work to enact positive change in our great state. We announced $86 million in scholarships, renewed our commitment to preserving Maryland’s natural environment, and welcomed Helm Services Inc. and 200 new jobs to Baltimore City.

Be sure to stay up to date on what’s going on by following my Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram account, and Snapchat (username: GovLarryHogan).

See you next month!

Your Governor,​

Sign

NGA Chairman VIdeo

“Over the next year, the nation’s governors have an opportunity to prove that there is a better way to govern. In the states, there are leaders who are willing to work together, across party lines, to take on the big problems.”

Watch Governor Hogan’s first address as NGA chairman here.​

Line MD

WMAR

Full story by WMAR.

Line MD

This month, Governor Hogan announced that he will once again deliver toll relief for our citizens by putting another $28 million back into the pockets of hardworking Marylanders—totaling an historic $344 million in savings.

Toll Reduction Announcement

Line MD

MONTHLY RECAP

Follow along with our announcements next month on our website and find event photos here!

Line MD

July 20-28 was Maryland’s official Buy Local Week! The governor and first lady celebrated by preparing and enjoying locally produced foods at the annual Buy Local Cookout. You can find the amazing recipes here.

Buy Local Video

Line MD

#RutherFact​

During his travels through Western Maryland this month, Lieutenant Governor Boyd Rutherford made a stop at Casselman River Bridge State Park, which, at just around four acres, is the smallest state park in Maryland! At the time the bridge was built, it was the largest stone arch in the country. #RutherFacts #LGStateParkBucketList

LG

Line MD

VIDEO ROUNDUP

Line MD